Homemade Pet Food - Important Factors to Consider Before Feeding

Old December 20th 07, 11:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ian allen

Default Homemade Pet Food - Important Factors to Consider Before Feeding

Many pet owners are thinking about feeding their dog or cat a homemade
diet. This can be for numerous reasons, whether they are concerned
about the safety of commercial pet food or they simply want to offer
their pet a variety at mealtime.
Feeding a homemade diet is only for the most dedicated of pet owners.
Some people say that cooking for your pet is a "no-brainer". Other
people say that cooking for your pet is a very complicated and labor-
intensive process.
No matter who you listen to, there's some important factors to take
into consideration before embarking on this path. Here are a few
questions to ask yourself before getting started.
Am I willing to invest the time and money necessary to prepare my
pet's meals?
The bottom line is: cooking for your pet requires more time and money
on your part. Think about how much time and money you spend preparing
meals for yourself and your human family. Are you willing to do this
for your pet too?
Careful consideration must be made when selecting recipes, shopping
for ingredients, and choosing supplements. It's not as easy as
searching online for a recipe. The majority of recipes you find for
free on the Internet are inadequate when fed for long periods of time
and are not formulated by someone trained in veterinary nutrition....

http://groups.google.com/group/dogfoodmave