Tripe is a miracle food!

Old December 27th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
GillisMcGill

Default Tripe is a miracle food!

I check with all our meat processing plants in town they never keep
the tripe so I can't get it raw. So needed the canned stuff. I I
finally found some "Solid Gold" and "Tripett" dog food in Ft. Collin's
Colorado [I'm in Wyoming] - some friends visiting their daughter
there picked up some for me at a feed store. I tried a can out on my
dog who had pretty much stopped eating and wow she scarffed it down!!
I mixed some with the other food she wouldn't touch and she ate it
too!! So it looks like I will have to start ordering it online.

This is nuts. I mean I keep reading from many of you and on a yahoo
group of dog owners dealing with kidney disease how this food can help
and that its super nutrious for dogs and cats period. Yet all the pet
supply stores in this town won't carry it. Not even our new Petco
store keeps it on the shelf. Yes they will special order it - but they
won't keep it on the shelf. The vets won't sell it either as I checked
with all of them as well. And I see that the Tripett is from New
Zealand and probably the Solid Gold is from there too. Why aren't dog
food manufacturers here making it? Petco is full of all kinds of the
standard commerical stuff and natural high end better for your dog and
cat stuff but no tripe.

So to get it in a can I have to order it. I'll just be grateful that
at least is is sold somewhere in the USA.

Thanks by the way to all of you for suggesting this dog food. My
Willow especially thanks you.

God Bless every one of you.- Gillis
Old December 28th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"GillisMcGill" wrote in message
I tried a can out on my
dog who had pretty much stopped eating and wow she scarffed it down!!
I mixed some with the other food she wouldn't touch and she ate it
too!!

..........that's great.........first step is always to EAT!

buglady
take out the dog before replying

How do you cook tripe? GillisMcGill Dog health 9 January 4th 08 04:16 AM
Tripe chews Gwen Watson Dog behavior 176 March 6th 04 01:59 AM
Tripe chews Gwen Watson Dog behavior 0 March 3rd 04 07:05 PM
Tripe chews Gwen Watson Dog behavior 0 March 3rd 04 07:05 PM
Tripe chews Gwen Watson Dog behavior 0 March 3rd 04 07:05 PM