Not sure what to do!

Old July 15th 04, 03:14 PM
Charles Meyer

Default Not sure what to do!

Ask your attorney to hear that 'everything can be negotiated'. That said,
there is nothing I know of that can compel a landlord to waive a written 'no
pets' clause in a lease.

It is a free country, though. At the end of the lease, you can always move,
forcing the landlord to try and find another responsible tenant.

As for mom's new dog, there are resources with area humane societies and
Basset rescues to help resolve the conflict between Mom's doggies.

Wishing you well in hopes of bringing your Basset Hound home.

Charlie Meyer

WV Coordinator

Basset Rescue of Old Dominion, Inc.

Keyser, WV

"Charles Richmond" wrote in message
Maggie Gyumolcs wrote:

We have offered to pay a pet rent on top of the original agreement of a

$100
pet deposit and they haven't changed their mind. His mother said we

could
have to dog back because she got a new one and they don't get along.

However
the landlords say we can't eve bring our own dog home. We have proof

that he
is ours by the registration. He has been registared by us since we got

him
in November. I guess I am just out of luck and out of a dog.

Perhaps you could see a lawyer. After all, the Basset *is* your dog
that you had when you moved in.

--
+-------------------------------
+-------------------------------

Old July 15th 04, 08:06 PM
Maggie Gyumolcs

There is no clause in the lease. The lease says NOTHING about pets.

Maggie

Old July 17th 04, 03:40 PM
scotth[NO]

The lease is a contract. It is legally binding. Once signed and entered
into it must be followed.

What does this mean?

If it's not in the lease it's fair game. The lease does not say no pets.
Granted it doesn't say pets are allowed either but stick with the fact
that it doesn't say pets are not allowed.

Keep a hold of the lease and make sure it's not misplaced. At the least
bring up the intentions of pursuing this in court if an agreement can
not be reached. See a lawyer if needed and file in small claims.

Scott--