Today's Trick(s)

Old December 31st 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Default Today's Trick(s)

Today, we worked on fine-tuning "A little closer." Harriet already
followed a crooked finger as a signal to come, but now, she
understands that it can also mean 1/4-butt-scooch, too.

The biggie, though, was teaching her to sit, wait, and take a raised
treat on command. The waiting was the hard part, not because she
didn't know it, but because I wanted there to be no doubt in her
little pea brane that she wasn't to boing into the air to take food
without express permission.

I don't think I'd try this with a dog who didn't have a soft mouth
with treats. Slimy Boxer tongue and lips were disturbing enough,
without having teeth involved, too. Sorry, Tuck. (I kid!)

Total time and materials: 1/8 cup kibble and 3 minutes.

--
Shelly
Old December 31st 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

montana wildhack wrote in

Accessories needed:
Hardwood floor
Swiffer attached to nub

Ha! Alas, I have wall-to-wall carpet. Ugh. WtW that desperately
needs to be vacuumed.

--
Shelly

Conversation on today's walk FurPaw Dog behavior 0 May 28th 07 05:07 AM
Today's Lesson Shelly Dog behavior 4 March 20th 07 04:15 PM
Today's snow pictures MauiJNP Dog behavior 1 March 17th 07 03:30 AM
A pet for today's busy, stressful world! Handsome Jack Morrison Dog behavior 0 June 19th 06 04:13 PM
Today's Visit to Mr. Vet shelly Dog behavior 24 March 29th 05 10:23 PM