Caramel & Dancer

Old January 3rd 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_2_]

Default Caramel & Dancer

Well last night Dancer went to her new home, a mansion apparently.
Lucky Dancer. The family who got her already had her crate set up, had
gotten her some toys, and printed out her photo's from the internet. The
*dad* has had dogs all his life. He was down on the floor playing with her,
interacting with her, teaching the two little girls in the family how to
behave around a new puppy. Robin said the dad was a HUGE guy, not fat, just
a very Big Man. And how cute it was to see him 'on the floor, playing with
a tiny little puppy in just the *right way* one should play with a new pup.'
The mom is a stay at home mom, so someone will be there on a daily basis.
Robin said 'it appeared Dancer will have a wonderful home', and that the
people assured her they would keep in touch by email.

Caramel is going to the *sad family*. Their home visit was also last night,
but they aren't actually keeping her until the week-end. They wanted to
enclose their yard. The neighbors already have fences, and partial of their
back is fenced farmland. So they want to hook up all the existing fencing
prior to keeping her. The mother and son have already signed up for 'puppy
training' classes and the Humane girl left them with a basic 'puppy video'
to view prior to the week-end. They are also picking up a crate for her
prior to the week-end. The little boy continued to show a real bonding to
Caramel. And in their own home, Robin continued to be really *impressed*
with this little boy. I guess I shouldn't really call him *little* as he's
around 12, but Robin said 'he really is a special little boy.' Something in
particular about him continues to impress her, and she usually has very good
instincts about people. She said 'she isn't worried about this placement,
because the family appears to be paranoid about *safety* of the puppy.'
Perhaps because of the loss of their previous dog, which was a cocker
spaniel.

Both families already have appointments for their last set of puppy shots
and spaying set up.

So now there is Bear and Wolfie. I believe Bear has a home, just needs to
have the home visit.

td

Old January 3rd 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
tiny dancer wrote:
Well last night Dancer went to her new home, a mansion apparently.

Then they *must* be a great home!

Old January 3rd 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Janet Boss wrote:

Yeah - love those
lovely homes - they are guaranteed to be great (money buys happiness?).

I'm sure it matters to the dog, too, if they live in a McMansion or
a cracker box.

--
Shelly
Old January 3rd 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_3_]

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
tiny dancer wrote:
Well last night Dancer went to her new home, a mansion apparently.

Then they *must* be a great home!
--

Yes, I agree.

As Tiny writes in the remainder of the paragraph:
" The family who got her already had her crate set up, had
gotten her some toys, and printed out her photo's from the internet. The
*dad* has had dogs all his life. He was down on the floor playing with her,
interacting with her, teaching the two little girls in the family how to
behave around a new puppy. Robin said the dad was a HUGE guy, not fat, just
a very Big Man. And how cute it was to see him 'on the floor, playing with
a tiny little puppy in just the *right way* one should play with a new pup.'
The mom is a stay at home mom, so someone will be there on a daily basis.
Robin said 'it appeared Dancer will have a wonderful home', and that the
people assured her they would keep in touch by email."

It does sound like a very good home.
Karla

Old January 3rd 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
I remember taking one of my foster pups to a prospective (and approved
by the rescue) home. The home was lovely, the family also had a lake
house, and on paper and by simple view, it impressed some people. After
the guy HIT my puppy, we high-tailed it out of there. Yeah - love those
lovely homes - they are guaranteed to be great (money buys happiness?).

Now, see? Rescue groups really need to watch "Wife Swap."

I actually do know a similar story with a happier ending.
I've posted it before but I think it's great. A fosterer
took a Siberian she was placing to visit the home of a
prospective adopter. The woman they were visiting looked at
the dog and said "He doesn't match my carpeting." The
fosterer was horrified and could see where this was going,
but then the prospective adopter said "So I guess I'll have
to replace the carpet." She got the dog, of course.

Old January 3rd 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article mX8fj.5714$sE5.481@trndny05, filly wrote:
It does sound like a very good home.

And that's why the very first thing she mentioned about the
house is that it's a *mansion*!

Old January 3rd 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:28:50 GMT, "filly"
wrote:

[...]
It does sound like a very good home.

Karla, stop trying to point out the obvious!

It does no good, especially when you're dealing with a couple of
petty, nasty, mean-spirited shrews, whose sole mission in life is to
assume the worse about every single person they encounter.

Had TD mentioned that the house was a tarpaper shack instead of a
mansion, they'd be dumping on her for that, too.

Freakin' shrews.

spit

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Take the Global Warming test!
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/Gl...est/start.html
Old January 3rd 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Kathleen wrote:

They did a home visit. It seems the family is loving, knowledgeable and
experienced. And, the icing on the cake is that they appear to have
considerable resources available to them in the event of an emergency.

remember the guy with the "estate" that Paul gave Muttley (and/or
Lucky?) to? Chained the dog to the gazebo. Those estates sure are
good. How do I know if td's judgement is any better than Paul's? Maybe
she was just impressed by the digs.

--
Janet Boss

Dancer=Cosmo Lynne Dog behavior 6 February 21st 07 05:45 PM
Silent post for Murphy and tiny dancer Gwen Watson Dog behavior 23 September 1st 04 02:30 AM