Ramps

Old January 13th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Greta

Default Ramps

My 63 lb dog is beginning to need a ramp to get into my Subaru Impreza
(hatchback). There are many I have looked at online - PetStep seems pretty
good. Has anyone had experience to share concerning ramps?
Greta

Old January 13th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Spot[_2_]

I don't know that I would go with steps to get in and out. If the dog is
having problems now at some point the might have problems with steps in
general.

Celeste

Old January 20th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
pfoley

"Greta" wrote in message
My 63 lb dog is beginning to need a ramp to get into my Subaru Impreza
(hatchback). There are many I have looked at online - PetStep seems pretty
good. Has anyone had experience to share concerning ramps?
Greta

===========
I would go with a ramp for the car; not steps.
In our case, we just used a piece of plywood that we already had, and nailed
down a rubber bath tub mat to it, so the dog wouldn't slide. We threw the
board in the back of van when not in use, and that worked fine. You have to
train the dog a little to go up and down the ramp so he will get used to it.
Treats are helpful in this case.

Old January 22nd 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Greta

Thanks - PetStep is a brand name and they do carry ramps. I am not too handy
and would probably buy a commercial one. Knowing my Raina, I think the
training to use one will be difficult.
Greta

Old January 23rd 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Spot[_2_]

Training isn't all that bad. Put a leash on her and entice her up and down
the ramp with some treats. She'll learn soon enough that she gets goodies
for walking up and down it.

Celeste

Old January 25th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
camaro

"Greta" wrote in
:

My 63 lb dog is beginning to need a ramp to get into my Subaru Impreza
(hatchback). There are many I have looked at online - PetStep seems
pretty good. Has anyone had experience to share concerning ramps?
Greta

My lab had a torn ACL, since surgically repaired. I bought a ramp (folds
in half, for the back of my mini van. Works great. The jumping in an out
of the van I imagine would do nothing for his legs Think of an athlete who
starts his activity without a warmup).

Camaro

car ramps Janet B Dog behavior 9 May 18th 05 12:11 PM