Sadness

Old January 15th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Default Sadness

One of Tuck's Read kids stopped me in the hall. He said his daddy was
kicking his Christmas Puppy because it peed on the floor. He said he
stopped his daddy, because dogs feel too. He knows dogs feel, because he
knows Tuck feels, and Tuck is a dog. I'm still in tears to hear this.
Perhaps the READ program also may prevent dog abuse in the future?

These kids relate to their READ dogs in a very special way. They are
teaching Tuck to Read flash cards and do the commands. So they realize a
dog is a very sentient being, and not just a stupid animal. They are taking
great pride in telling everyone their READ dog can read too!

He can't, he can only perform to 4 flash word-cards, but it's impressive
enough to the kids. And they have no idea how much time Tuck spends
training to his own set of flash cards at home (in spite of his flash cards
being kept at school) The more Tuck learns, the more ways he can relate to
these kids. I don't have time to preach on dog stewardship, but I do know
Tuck has made a valuable impression on these kids. Not only as far as
reading, but apparently now, as to how they perceive dogs as animals.
That's got to be a good thing. Perhaps.. often people don't treat people
very kindly either.
Tuck has made a bunch of Tuck trading cards. Each is Paw-to-graphed by
Tuck. The teachers are giving out Tuck trading cards to their students for
good behaviors.
Old January 15th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
[...]

=============
Very sad indeed.
I wonder if the reading that Tuck teaches the children could somehow include
how he and his dog and puppy friends like to be treated with kindness and
gentleness; how they need to learn things also such as the proper method to
be house trained; how he and his friends need exercise to be healthy and
happy and love and attention to be good well adjusted loving house pets.

Old January 16th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_3_]

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
One of Tuck's Read kids stopped me in the hall. He said his daddy was
kicking his Christmas Puppy because it peed on the floor. He said he
stopped his daddy, because dogs feel too. He knows dogs feel, because he
knows Tuck feels, and Tuck is a dog. I'm still in tears to hear this.

(snip)

Yes, this is sad. I also find it frightening. It's bully behavior and I
hope that it does not extend to the rest of the family, that it's not a sign
of deeper dysfunction.
Karla

Old January 16th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Shelly spoke these words of wisdom in news:fmj9dg
:

diddy none wrote in
:

One of Tuck's Read kids stopped me in the hall. He said his daddy
was kicking his Christmas Puppy because it peed on the floor. He
said he stopped his daddy, because dogs feel too. He knows dogs
feel, because he knows Tuck feels, and Tuck is a dog. I'm still
in tears to hear this. Perhaps the READ program also may prevent
dog abuse in the future?

Poor dog. And poor kid! Kids shouldn't have to teach their parents
how to take care of animals. I hope the dad is willing to learn from
his son.

I don't have a lot of hope on that. This is one of the kids on the schools
camera that had pictures of bruise marks of suspected parent abuse. You
could see finger prints on his arms where they grabbed him that hard.
Old January 17th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Diddy said in part.....
One of Tuck's READ kids stopped me in the hall. He said Daddy was
kicking the Christmas puppy because it peed on the floor. He said he
stopped hs Daddy because dogs feel too......
_____________________
Diddy,
Thank you for the work you and Tuck do. Tuck must have really impacted
that child for him to speak up to his dad, and for him to tell you about
the incident.
Hopefully, the Christmas puppy is out of there soon, (as they
sometimes are) hopefully to a better home. Tuck has taught that boy a
most important lesson, far greater than scholastics IMO.

Be Free.....Judy

Old January 17th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

(Judith Althouse) spoke these words of wisdom in
:

Diddy said in part.....
One of Tuck's READ kids stopped me in the hall. He said Daddy was
kicking the Christmas puppy because it peed on the floor. He said he
stopped hs Daddy because dogs feel too......
_____________________
Diddy,
Thank you for the work you and Tuck do. Tuck must have really impacted
that child for him to speak up to his dad, and for him to tell you about
the incident.
Hopefully, the Christmas puppy is out of there soon, (as they
sometimes are) hopefully to a better home. Tuck has taught that boy a
most important lesson, far greater than scholastics IMO.

Be Free.....Judy

You should have seen his eye bug out when he used the flash cards on Tuck.
He couldn't believe it. He then instructed me to stand behind Tuck, while
he showed him the Flash Cards. (Flash cards are all commands, Sit, Down,
Stand, Roll over, and Shake)
He watched me, while he showed Tuck the cards, and saw Tuck doing them and
responding correctly. He watched to make sure i wasn't some how cueing him
(I was not) And his eye bugged out and his jaw dropped.

OTOH, I was told I'm spending more than the allotted reading time with the
kids. I need to cut out some of the extra dog activities. This is to get
them to read, not playing with the dog time.

Chastized, i will behave better next week, but i think the kids will be
sad.
Old January 17th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_3_]

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
(snip)

Chastized, i will behave better next week, but i think the kids will be
sad.

Yes, but that's another important lesson.
Karla

Old January 18th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Diddy said in part...
I was told I was spending more than the allotted reading time with kids.
I need to cut some of the extra dog activities. This is to get them to
read, not playing with the dog time.
____________________
Diddy,
I understand. You and Tuck are doing a grand job. I would think a
really smart dog would be quite an incentive to learn to read. Whatever
you do, don't get booted because of "playing with the dog time". I know
it isn't the teacher's job to teach a child about everything in life,
but some times a teacher is all a child has. These kids have a bonus,
you and Tuck.
I keep thinking of the boy you mentioned. I worry about him. Maybe
if he has anything he needs to confide, he will be able to, during his
time with you and Tuck?

Be Free.....Judy

Sadness Shelly Dog behavior 0 January 15th 08 10:43 PM
Sadness Janet Boss Dog behavior 0 January 15th 08 10:07 PM
WOOF: sadness of the human kind Sue in Western Maine Dogs - general 1 July 19th 05 04:39 PM