Problem: Dog runs fast to other people and licks

Old January 19th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior, rec.pets.dogs.breeds, alt.animals.dog,alt.pets.dogs.labrador, alt.pets.dogs.pitbull

Default Problem: Dog runs fast to other people and licks

IChewedThroughMyRestraints_HelpMePryTheBarsOffTheW indow Wrote:

HOWEDY Klaus,

Darkness has fallen, an so havin to lay up over nite, I
crawled under a flat rock to hide from diddler's trackin
dogs, where I came across this post from janet.

janet is a PROFESSIONAL DOG TRAINER who works
for the KILL SHELTER where paul e. schoen went to GET
RID of his RESCUE dog Muttley on accHOWENTA he
couldn't TRAIN him to get along with his DEAD KAT
Photon an met an contracted her to TRAIN his dog Muttley
well enough so that he COULD GET RID OF IT, seein as
IT COULDN'T BE TRAINED to get along with his kat {}: ~ )

janet, like the rest of the posters here, is a pathetic miserable
stinkin rotten lyin animal murderin MENTAL CASE who's
taken ANTI-PSYCHOTIC medications for TWENTY YEARS
with NO success.

REMEMBER, she needs her rest so P-L-E-A-S-E:

DO NOT DISTURB the MENTAL PATIENTS.

Here's janet's SUCCESS stories:

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
In article
,
Klaus Kragelund wrote:

We cannot
come into contact with her at all when she
sees people and is running towards them

The other problem is that she licks the family a lot,
especially we, the owners.

Can anyone recommend how to solve these two quirks?

(regarding the small biting behaviour, we take her by
the neck into the floor each time she does it to try to solve it)

You need to work her around people ON leash
and teach her how to greet.

"Loop the lead (it's basically a GIANT nylon or leather
choke collar) over his snarly little head, and give him a
stern correction" --Janet Boss
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...mplyAmazingPup...

"J1Boss" wrote in message

He was next to me and I could see his neck
muscles pulsing. He didn't even blink an eye.
Janet Boss

"sionnach" wrote in message

"J1Boss" wrote in message
I can't imagine needing anything higher
than a 5 with it, even with an insensitive
dog like a Lab.

An INSENSITIVE DOG???

I can't remember what model of Innotek I have, but
I had a pointer ignore a neck-muscle-pulsing 9.

On 6 Feb 2006 17:41:08 GMT, Mary Healey
,
clicked their heels and said:

Does that include tone of voice? Some tools are easier
to ban than others.

yes - screaming banshees are told to shut up! And I
always have to remind spouses that they may NOT do the
"honey - you're supposed to be doing it like THIS"......
--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

A polite SIT is ideal.

THAT'S what causes dogs to ATTACK visitors on their EXXXIT.

I think you're overreacting to the puppy mouthing.

janet COULDN'T TRAIN her own "RESCUE" dog Rudy
to be acceptable to FIVE HOWESES durin the ten months
she worked with him TRYIN to GET RID of him pryor to
decidin to keep him herself {}: ~ (

A stern "AHHT" and move TOWARD the puppy (have the puppy
yield) is a better approach, COMBINED with teaching what you
do want (sit politely).

That'll INTIMIDATE the dog. Unless your newfHOWEND
friends can INTIMIDATE the dog the same way, IT AIN'T
GONNA WORK for them.

Licking is solicitous.

No, lickin is SUBMISSIVENESS.

Some dogs and breeds are lickier than others.

THAT'S ABSURD.

Redirect it with an object

That'll REWARD the inapupriate behavior.

or a quiet - Ok - that's enough.

If that WORKED, do you think janet would NEED
to JERK CHOKE SHOCK and MURDER dogs?

OR, do you think she does THAT, for PLEASURE?

LIKE THIS:

On 26 Jun 2005 10:52:42 -0700, , wrote:

What does the "choke" in the "choke chain" stand for, then?
Lucy

one reason I call them slip collars. Their is a correction
involved, and while it causes momentary discomfort, does
not choke the dog.

OTOH, it is CAPABLE fo being used to do that,
should a situation warrant it.
--
Janet B
----------

And here's another one from the same author,
taken from the same thread.

167. Janet B
Jun 21, 12:03 pm show options
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:40:11 +0100, "Alison"

, wrote:
I'm just wondering why you had to use choke chains
to train"your dogs especially as they are so small.

Oh geez - let's see - how many JRTs act like alligators
at the end of a leash? I personally prefer prong collars.

----------

Let's go for the hat trick with the same author,
taken from the same thread:

141. Janet B
Jun 27, 10:01 pm

I don't use choke chains. Not quite true - I use a jeweler's
hex link on Franklin at times - it's puuuuuurty. I know the
"sound" thing and all, and when training a dog in a non-group
setting, that sound may be a factor, but I think it fails in the
context of a group class.

So, I prefer the better fitting nylon slip collars, and very often,
pinch collars (small link unless it's a freaky dog, then they need
the milder medium link).

But I use e-collars too. With one of my dogs and with some clients.
For circumstances where a physical collar and leash is not the right
answer. I'm sure Lucy has no clue what THAT means!
--
Janet B

----------

HOWEDY janet,

Looks like you and your pals have gone totally INSANE again:

Janet B wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:44:14 -0500, Janet B
, clicked their heels and said:
Since you quoted me repeatedly, where does it say I beat dogs, choke
dogs, scream at dogs, etc? Thanks for your clarification.

responding to my own post, I had to go back and look at the original
post, to remind myself what "we" are all accused of doing:
"screaming, choking, shocking, pinching, beating the living crap
out of your dogs"
Scream? no
Choke? no
Shock? e-collars are a lot more sophisticated than that
Pinch? if you want to classify a momentary discomfort by a prong
collar, go ahead, but unless you have first hand experience with
one, your opinion means nothing

Beat the living crap out of? hardly - no hitting exists

------------------

Subject: Muttley: Now a question of Life or Death
"Paul E. Schoen" wrote

It is a shame that Muttley will probably be put
down (his appointment is next Wednesday),

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote

Hello everyone:

If you have followed some of my posts, you know
something about the ongoing story of Muttley, the
large GSD/Chow dog I have been trying to adopt
or place in a better home.

I will add a bit more history later in this post.

Last Tuesday, toward the end of Janet's obedience
class, Muttley and I had just finished fairly successfully
performing a sit/stay/come routine, and then he was
sitting by my side.

The final routine was to be a "down", which Muttley
has had some difficulty with, and frankly I have not
had the time to work with him much on that.

I was kneeling at his side, trying to hold his collar
while pushing his front legs down to the position,
while he resisted. Suddenly he lunged, knocking
me over onto the parking lot, and I lost grip of the
leash as I reflexively broke my fall.

Muttley took the opportunity to attack a young black
male Lab to my left, and it was a very brutal attack.
Janet and the instructors tried to gain control, and as
soon as I could get to my feet I grabbed the leash and
pulled him off.

That was the end of the class, and the other dog,
Bernie, was taken to an animal hospital for treatment.

When everyone had left, Janet counseled me about
what should be done about Muttley.

She said this was more than ordinary aggression,
and only intensive (and expensive) one on one
training would have any chance at working, and
in any case, he was not suited to group training.

She advised me that Muttley could be dangerous,
and she recommended that he be euthanized.

"They can't all be saved".

snip

--------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote

snip

If I did not have to worry about my cat, I would
probably keep him, and I am certain I could avoid
any more dangerous episodes. I probably would
not have taken him to obedience classes at this time
if that was not such a difficult issue, and if people
here had not essentially shamed me into doing so.

Then he would only be a bratty dog with a mind of
his own, but he would not have been identified as
dangerous.

--------------------------

BWEEEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Here's janet's REAL LIFE IN PERSON "student" paul:

#2 - 6/05/07

When I was training him under Janet's supervision
I was instructed to give it a ? firm yank as a correction.

I advised you to use a prong collar, not give firm
yanks on a chain choke collar. I hate the things.

She was able to get his attention with
just a quick tug, but I had to yank on it
hard enough to lift him off his feet to get
him to respond. Looking back now, I think
it was based on his fear, which he had for
her (as an unknown), but not for me
(whom he had learned to trust).

He wasn't afraid of me. He knew I was a
confident trainer. Fear has no place in dog
training, as I told you THEN.

Janet

It seems to me that applying stern corrections, by
popping a choker chain, prong collar, or whatever,
is a way to ensure compliance by instilling a fear
of further punishment.

Sure, if it is administered very consistently
by a confident trainer, the dog soon learns
to obey. There was no positive reinforcement,
so what remains is negative.

Also, I recall the time you were going to show me
how I could get Muttley to take his rawhide treat
from me without lunging for it. When you offered
it to him, he refused to take it. This IMHO is likely
a fear behavior.

Things have changed a lot since then, and I have
learned a lot, and Muttley has settled down quite
a bit. I probably still give him too much freedom
to think on his own, but that's just my way of
doing things, and that's probably not going to
change much. He may never win an obedience
medal, but I don't think he is dangerously out
of control, either.

Paul and Muttley

----------------

"I thought I was told that the way to get the dog to go
down was to make him sit and then step on the leash.
That was awkward and didn't seem to work.

I will confess that I only tried the "down" position
once or twice at home, and I also often used it
instead of "Off" when I wanted him to stop
jumping on me or elsewhere I didn't want him to be.

I had to give him corrections every few seconds,
and also just about kick him, to keep him at my
left side.

Muttley is really a very sweet and loving dog, but
he needs more socialization with other dogs. However,
it is very likely that I will have him put down in a week."

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote

It is a shame that Muttley will probably be put
down (his appointment is next Wednesday),

-----------------------

THAT'S quite a SUCCESS STORY, ain't it?

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!
BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

HERE'S HOWE COME:

Subject: redirected aggression
Date: 4/11/07

"Janet Boss" wrote in message

It seems I have been dealing with this a bit lately.
Dog to dog and dog to person,, with dogs who are
obviously overstimulated by what's in front of them.

What's in front of them varies from people at the door
to dogs in their path or directly in their face. The dogs
in question all have very poor self control.

I have dog(s) with not-so-great-natural self control,
so it's something we constantly work on. We don't
have redirected stuff going on, because we have enough
obedience to avoid it.

While I know that's the big answer for the dogs in
question as well, I'm curious what things people have
found useful to redirect/focus/gain attention from
drivey dogs or just very distracted of over-the-top dogs.

We're having success with my recommendations, but I'm
always open to something novel that may be the hot ticket.
--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

BWEEEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA~!~!~!

Date: Sun, Dec 4 2005 3:26 am
Email:

Janet B wrote:
On 1 Dec 2005 10:55:42 -0800, "sighthounds & siberians"
, clicked their heels and said:
Oh, please. You're asking Lucy to understand that a behavior
can be genetic in a dog, which IMO is asking a great deal.

Yeah, what do I know about genetically determined behavior? At
some point in the evolution of Franklin's breed a mutation occurred
that determined a propensity for sock-swallowing; and, considering
the fact that this acquired behavior conferred such an evolutionary
advantage to the breed, natural selection favored it all the time
until
it was passed on to Franklin's parents and grandparents, and hopefully
to Franklin's offspring, so that such a valuable trait wouldn't, God
forbid, be lost due to some other random mutation quirk. Nice how
genetics work, in Sally's world!

It's ironic that Lucy (whose tone from the get-go is much more
sarcastic and confrontational than would seem warranted) should
reappear just now, isn't it?

"Ironic?" About as ironic as any random event, and
as probable as a dog being born with a taste for socks.

Mustang Sally

oh I know, and I fed the troll.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, good-hearted Janet!

I was STARVING!

But - can you tell me what exactly is it that makes me
a troll, when posting on topic on a dog behavior matter?

Even they need treats once in awhile, no? OK - maybe not!
The holiday spirit must have gotten the better of me.

Yes, Janet, you're way too good. Don't let it become a habit, though
-
you might find it difficult next time when having
to use your pretty choke collar on a dog.

Lucy

-------------------------

From: Janet Boss
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:39:43 -0400

Subject: the one-dog two-dog dilemma
In article ,

Shelly wrote:
hat was a sing that I should be committed.

I have a feeling that, as crazy as multiple retrievers might be, it
pales in comparison to multiple Boxers. It's not a theory I'd
personally care to test, though.

Me neither! Yes, we don't have the sock thing with Rudy
thank goodness. He keeps me just as worried with lumps
(cells from one are out for biopsy now), has been a poop
eater (past tense) and has his urinary issue.

Their "joie de vivre" is pretty similar though!

They're actually very good at being rugs
when in the house and it's just me/us.
--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

---------------------

From: J1Boss )
Subject: housebreaking in a multi level home
Date: 2002-06-27 03:30:11 PST

From: Rocky
Nessa wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:
why does Franklin have to be on a leash?

I think that Franklin's been naughty.

and apparently pretty sneaky too -
can't figure this one out still!

FYI - He ingested a mystery sock.
Hadn't done that in well over a year.

When he was a puppy we were very lucky -
they went through or came up. We've done
"sock work" with him leaving them alone,
but mostly are pretty conscientious about
not making them available.

The risk is obviously too high. One of his
littermates beat him to the punch with the
same surgery, and his great grandfather had
this habit until he died at age 12.

My MIL was visiting (sockless!) and since he
wasn't with me every waking moment as usual
as a result, I can only imagine that the sock
presented itself somehow while she was with him.

He was a very, very sick dog. He had emergency
surgery on Monday, but was home by Tuesday - we
lucked out that the sock had advanced enough that
they didn't need to cut the bowel.

Once he was opened, they were able to manipulate
the sock out his rectum. He thinks he's fine, so
the leash is very necessary! He's got about a foot
of staples on his tummy, and this was a very
expensive sock!

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

--------------------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAAA~!~!~!

FRANKLIN and JANET, ACT II

From: J1Boss )
Subject: What can I do if I can't afford a behaviorist?

Date: 2002-06-27 05:20:30 PST

From: diddy
Some dogs are really adept at getting
out of things, even the impossible.

Yes indeed. I crated Franklin when I had to
leave yesterday. He's post surgical and needs
to be confined and rest/kept safe.

He is used to crates, has not problem with
them and does not "escape" (mesh crates, wire
crates, etc - he takes them all in stride,
whether strange places or at home).

When I got home, both dogs greeted me at the
door. He had managed to bend the clips on the
end panel of his metal crate (General Cage 204)
and squeeze out the top/side of the end panel
that has the door. The door was securely closed.

THAT was NOT a good thing to do with a foot of
staples in your tummy. He hadn't done it before -
but he's not his usual self obviously.

We won't be trying that again any time soon!

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

---------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

Subject: The crate escape - my brilliant puppy!

1 From: Janet B
Date: Wed, Apr 5 2006 7:44 am
Email: Janet B

After Rudy came to stay with us, I got tired of running
into an open crate door, so I bought a new crate, with a
door that folds up and in. "can't be opened from the inside"
says the ad. I always looked at these and hought "right",
but for the last few months (yes, folks, it's been 3.5 months)
it has worked great.

Until Monday.

That's when Mr Smarty-pants decided he knew how
to open it. And greeted us at the door after 6+ hours
of freedom.

A chewed wastebasket lid and a puddle inside the
front door (he loses it if very excited and yesterday
morning I found evidence that a smallish dog had
apparently "visited" right outside my full view front
door) was all that was wrong.

So yesterday, when I left for a short errand, I made
sure to clip the door closed securely. And once again
came home to an unconfined puppy.

So, today, the crate will get clips on the door to ensure
this doesn't happen again. I need him to learn that he
shouldn't let himself out.

But it looks like he's going to be allowed house freedom
within a few days, and since he'll be 9 months old on
Monday, that'll be the day.

I'll take the next few days to put some shoes away and
check out other things he may be interested in, and get
out the bitter apple.

My house is not exactly the neatest place in the world,
and there's a lot of stuff that may be too available and
interesting. We shall see.

My puppy is growing up and too smart for his own good!
--
Janet Boss

From: Janet B
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:23:53 -0400

Subject: urinary leaking

Rudy has a vet appointment tomorrow afternoon,
but I thought I'd throw this out here anyway.

Rudy has excitement urination sometimes - if I spend too long before
coming into the house, he may flood his crate. This is generally only
if I've been gone over 4 hours. He does not have water in his crate.

Rudy sleeps through the night (10-6 or 7) and never has an issue with
leaking then. He is housebroken and waits until I let him out.

A few times over the last month, after I've been gone a bit over 5
hours, I've come home, let him out where he pees up a storm, then he
is fed, out again, maybe multiple times (for play, etc) and eliminates
normally. Then he naps. When he's sleeping, he leaks.

Baseball-Softball sized puddle generally. Yesterday, I as home with
him all day, gone for 2 hours in the early evening, and late in the
evening, right before bed, he leaked again while sleeping.

This doesn't strike me as an infection or even a sphincter issue, but
it has me puzzled. He has no idea he's doing it and it doesn't wake
him.

Any thoughts?
--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

-------------------------

Here's a other of janet's REAL LIFE IN PERSON "students":

Subject: First Class was tonite

1 From: Nessa
Date: Tues, Jun 11 2002 8:32 pm
Email: Nessa

Tonite I started Janet's obedience class. It's
like NIGHT and DAY from the class Bagel 'flunked'.
I was amazed at the difference and I am very glad
Janet gave me the chance to attend her class.

I can't wait till PK on Saturday.

Nessa

------------------

Subject: Training...

1 From: Nessa
Date: Wed, Jun 12 2002 9:45 pm
Email: Nessa

well both my kids are asleep one on my left and
one on my right. Bagel has taken to running away
every chance he gets now so I have to be ever vigilant.

I have tried every type of collar around. Flat Buckle,
nylon lobster claw slip collar, harness, gentle leader.

Yesterday I watched him on a prong collar.

I SWORE I would NEVER use a prong collar.
He willingly sits to have it put on (as opposed
to fighting me when I put on the gentle leader).

He is no longer pulling on the leash when we walk.

Currently he is doing his 30 minute quiet period
next to my chair with it on since he is leashed and
he is out like a light. So is Hannah.

I tried to find them a place to play off leash tonight
since Bagel has become a happy wanderer and I
couldn't find a safe place so they didn't get as much
play as any of us would like.

I am doing my training with Janet and I am so happy.
Bagel did his sit downs tonight without much fuss and
Hannah watched from the crate. Then we let Hannah
do about 5 minutes of sit and down.

She's getting good at them.

I have been rewarding with treats and tonite I didn't
and they still did what I told them to do. with Bagel
on my left with his head facing front and Hannah on
my right with her head facing back I feel like I have
the most beautiful bookends in the world.

Life with a dog..... PRICELESS

Nessa
--
I don't have issues

---------------

From: Nessa
Date: Thurs, Jul 4 2002 8:22 am
Email: Nessa

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 0:08:02 -0400, Jenn wrote
(in message ):

That aside, I crate trained both my dogs
successfully, and used the crate to house
train them.

Bagel is so well crate trained that in the mornings when
I make his Kong, he runs to the crate and since I am not
crating him anymore (just confining him) but I am crating
Hannah, I have to pull him out of the crate and he does not
want to get out.

BTW housebreaking with Janet is going quite well.

Nessa

----------------

Subject: I went away for the weekend... big mistake

1 From: Nessa -
Date: Sun, Jul 21 2002 9:58 pm
Email: Nessa

I went away for the weekend and I think my
dog walker will never speak to me again.

Bagel escaped from the kitchen and ate about 10
pounds of puppy food and proceeded to deposit it
all over my house.

He esp. liked my living room sofa which was my
mothers as he pulled some cushions off of it and
literally stood on it and peed.

Yes I know my dog has issues and I know I need help.

I think my poor dog walker needs therapy now.

It was a rough dog weekend for her and not
just with my kids.

I didn't know until the last minute I was going
away and NEXT time, the furbabies will go to
furbaby camp for the weekend.

It was too much for them.

Well live and learn.

Meanwhile, I'm still glad I went on retreat.

My house will survive as things are not important.

Hannah still loves me and Bagel will talk
to me in a few days.....

Nessa

------------

From: Nessa )
Subject: Where we stand/sit/down/leave it Now

Date: 2003-09-17 14:14:51 PST
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:16:04 -0400,
Charlie Wilkes wrote (in message
):

Yes, it's a huge improvement over shoving them
in crates at night. But why does Bagel have to
be leashed?

because he will wander the area (room if i close
the door or house if i don't) and pee and bark all
night long. but i said that already you must not
be reading for comprehension.
--
Nessa

=========

Subject: Night time barking.. Help needed
1 From: Nessa
Date: Wed, Sep 18 2002 5:50 am
Email: Nessa

Morning all,

Bagel and Hannah are doing well except for
night time barking in the house for play time.

Problem is it that when I am trying to sleep esp.
between 1 and 5. I CAN'T just let them bark it
out (because if I could it's no biggie and I can
sleep through it).

My problem is that my next door neighbors (I live in
a townhouse) don't appreciate it (and I can't blame them).

If they are very tired after a day at the park they tend
to sleep better but I can't get them to the park now
everyday because it gets dark earlier. I try to let them
run around a bit in the neighborhood with other dogs
but it's not enough.

oh that is when the owners and I are standing there.
we try to let them all play under supervision.

I can live with the banging (as Bagel slams Hannah
into the wall or Hannah throws one of her bones down
the uncarpeted steps and they waterfall down the steps
(there is no other way to describe dogs running down
wooden steps)

I know a tired dog is a good dog. I just don't know
what to do to hold off the barking. I know they are
playing and all I can think of is the line from the kids
book Go Dog Go (one of my favorites) is:

Now it is night
Sleep dogs sleep

(btw the drawing is of all these dogs sleeping in a big bed
on the pillows like humans with their party hats on)

I'm at the point where I am considering a soft muzzle to
prevent parking. Someone has offered the use of the
shock collar to teach no bark but I don't want to do that.

I'm too sleep deprived to do anything much.

HELP!!

Nessa
--
I don't have issues

2 From: J1Boss
Date: Wed, Sep 18 2002 7:48 am
Email: (J1Boss)

Nessa wrote:
Problem is it that when I am trying to sleep esp.
between 1 and 5. I CAN'T just let them bark it
out (because if I could it's no biggie
and I can sleep through it).

What the (*&(*)(* are they doing awake between 1 and 5?

I can live with the banging (as Bagel slams Hannah
into the wall or Hannah throws one of her bones down
the uncarpeted steps and they waterfall down the steps
(there is no other way to describe dogs running down
wooden steps)

Baby gate. Door.

Do NOT let them wander the house getting
more charged up.

I'm too sleep deprived to do anything much.
HELP!!

Nessa - I would seriously consider why these dogs
are up at 1-5 and even thinking they CAN be! They
need to be confined to your room, told firmly to knock
it off, and have that backed up with some sort of
correction if they don't.

If all else fails, tether then away from each other, but
honestly, if they aren't responsive to you telling them
to cut it out, we're back to the "bigger issues" problem.

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Maybe she can't scream at her dogs at night?

nessa CONtinues:
A few weeks ago it started at 5:30 am and it has become
increasingly earlier until this morning he started at 4:00.
Ignoring him has proven to be futile, as has calming him
down and rewarding him with a treat and, as a last resort,
spraying him with water from a plant sprayer.

This morning I even put him in his crate and took him into
the bathroom with me as I prepared for work (normally he
stays in a x-pen in the kitchen) but he only calmed down
for a few minutes before the whining began again.

A 1 year old should be hanging out with you. Overnight,
around the house, and heck, even neat the bathroom while
you get ready for work..
--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Subject: Puppy license expires
1 From: Nessa
Date: Fri, Jul 26 2002 5:57 am
Email: Nessa

Yep, she is pretty much housebroken so I let her
out of the crate at night to sleep with me. But last
night, while I was asleep she ATE MY GLASSES.

It's my fault, I left them on the night table (where I
always leave them) so I could see when I got up.

I needed a new pair but I wanted to be able to get
them without having to miss work. Now, poof here
I am glassesless. thank goodness we have 1 hour
glass makers pretty close by.

Well she's crated now until this chewing phase is over.

Hannah will be 5 months old next week. Any advice
on how to deal with this other than the standard, no bite,
here chew this, crating, etc.

Nessa
--
I don't have issues

nessa's dogs got her EVICTED to boot {}: ~ (

From: Nessa )
Subject: Sad News.. I need someone to take my dogs
Date: 2003-08-26 09:55:03 PST

well I'm not BLAMING my job it's ONE of MANY
things that I'm considering.

As for returning them to their respective shelters,
I don't want to split them up and I'm not going to
give them to just anyone. Possibly because I am
doing everything I can to keep them and drag this
mess out as long as possible in hopes that it will
work out.

=============

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

From: tricia9999 is a dog murderer
Date: Wed, Dec 17 2003 1:56 pm

J1Boss wrote:
That's great, but I don't think you need to do all that proofing if you're
teaching. That's what supervision is all about. To each their own, but I
prefer to live normally and have everyone learn to live with "stuff".

This is Janet Boss's method for keeping dogs from grabbing
things they are not supposed to have....

NICE ABDOMINAL SURGERY FOR THE FAMILY PET

NICE CLAWING YOUR WAY OUT OF A CAGE WITH A FOOT
OF STAPLES IN YOUR TUMMY FOR THE FAMILY PET

NICE IDIOT TRAINING FROM JANET BOSSY BOSS ONE OF
THE MOST "IRRESPONSIBLE" DOG OWNERS IN ALL OF USENET

"J1Boss" wrote in message
On 6 Feb 2006 01:19:16 -0800,
"dallygirl" , clicked
their heels and said:

janet, yes unfortunatly i have. i joined a mother and
daughter duo training group and i am still kicking my
arse over it i have since learnt (and anyone new to
dogs please take note!) they have no qualifications only
their own experience.

What exactly does that mean?

its because of them i am busting a gut
to get qualified and to join the apdt.

"credentials" only mean something if the issuing
organization is recognized as THE authority. The
American Medical Association, The American Bar
Association - things like that. There is no "whatever"
dog association that licenses dog trainers.

i saw a massive negative difference in my dogs
behaviour when on the lead and i didnt yank or
pull i never would no matter what the 'trainers'
said.

What exactly were you doing with the lead that
caused a negative behavior? Do you not use a
lead when training? Not on city streets?

i guess i was as distressed as my dog.

I'm pretty sure you are the only one who was
distressed and you transmitted that to your dog.

i took a dog out of this real nasty hell hole. the lady
had set her self up as a rescue then had about 20
dogs running free in her back garden and it broke
down to chaos.i took out a young lab female who
was so scared she wouldnt climb into my car and
i wasnt going to force her so i just sat next to her
but on my tail gate. the 'rescue' woman growled
and grabbed the dog at the back of the neck and
a lump of flesh at the rump and threw her into my car.

What on earth does that have to do with properly
using a variety of training tools? So far, you've
equated using choke collars with people who enjoy
drop-kicking dogs.

with ppl such as this working with dogs i want to
show a 'better way'. i don't refer to them when i'm
talking to the person on the street as 'tools of horror'
but i do give them some tips on a nicer way.

When 150# Cujo is trying to eat the dog next
door, what "nicer way" do you employ?

the thing is, you put one of those around your neck,
be it choke prong or electric and then tell me you
want to keep using them.

My neck is very different from a dog's neck. I have
no problem with a choke or prong on my neck - I
would respond accordingly. As far as electric, I have
had a ton of PT at times, and the electricity has been a
godsend.

ok i am bent over ~ no pointy toes please, but form
an orderly line to kick my arse..............i am braced

Nope - don't believe in kicking. But I do use a variety
of collars when training dogs. I'm not a big fan of
CHAIN chokes, because I don't find them easy to fit
properly. I prefer nylon slip collars in general, will
never connect a leash to a buckle ID collar, and find
prong collars to be very, very useful training tools.

Rudy is going to start learning the e-collar this week.
I'm sure you'll NOT hear screams from across the pond.
--
Janet B

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

YOU WANT A PIECE OF THAT?

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

Problem: Dog runs fast to other people and licks Klaus Kragelund Dog behavior 6 January 19th 08 11:20 PM
Problem: Dog runs fast to other people and licks IChewedThroughMyRestraints_HelpMePryTheBarsOffTheWindow@hotmail.com Dog breeds 0 January 19th 08 10:26 PM
Dog Runs in NYC? Dog activities 2 October 14th 05 08:38 PM
people behavior problem Janet B Dog behavior 4 September 5th 05 10:33 PM