OT : The " treats " given to the dogs in the show !

Old February 3rd 08, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Every dog is a champion in someone's mind

Default OT : The " treats " given to the dogs in the show !

They must be pretty dog gone good. Anyone have an idea of what they
are ?
Or different treats for different handlers ? Thanks
Old February 3rd 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Judy

Default The " treats " given to the dogs in the show !

"Every dog is a champion in someone's mind" wrote in
message
They must be pretty dog gone good. Anyone have an idea of what they
are ?
Or different treats for different handlers ? Thanks

Different treats for different handlers and for different dogs. But I would
expect that a large percentage of them involve liver. And they are almost
certainly soft - because a dog who inhales a bit of hard food in the ring is
not a pretty sight.

Judy

Old February 4th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Margaret

Dog show treats (those used by handlers) can be anything from hot dogs to
steak to cheese, not to mention chicken and liver . Treats can be whatever
the dog likes and will pay attention to in the ring.

Old February 4th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Every dog is a champion in someone's mind

On Feb 3, 6:32�pm, "Margaret"
wrote:
Dog show treats (those used by handlers) can be anything from hot dogs to
steak to cheese, not to mention chicken and liver . �Treats can be whatever
the dog likes and will pay attention to in the ring.

"Every dog is a champion in someone's mind" wrote in

They must be pretty dog gone good. Anyone have an idea of what they
are ?
Or different treats for different handlers ? Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks ...I can never recall any of the dogs ...who refused the
treat : )
Old February 5th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
wn2bee

On Feb 2, 10:49*pm, "Every dog is a champion in someone's mind"
wrote:
They must be pretty dog gone good. Anyone have an idea of what they
are ?
Or different treats for different handlers ? Thanks

They are different for different dogs. We tend to take "bait' in the
ring that we know our dogs love! We have MinPins and most of them
love raw hot dogs or cooked chicken. A lot of the big dog handlers
use baked liver as the big dogs really love it. The small dogs love
it too, but it tends to be too rich for them.
Carole Rerko
Visit my website:
wannabeeminpins.com