West Covina, CA - Border Collie (mix?) puppy

Old February 4th 08, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Seka

Default West Covina, CA - Border Collie (mix?) puppy

Just this morning as I was walking my dogs, I found a five or six
month old border collie (possibly mix) female puppy. She was almost
hit by a car as she ran across the street to greet my dogs, and when
she came close I saw that she was completely wet from last night's
rain. What could I do but take her home? She is a very happy and (from
what I can tell) well adjusted dog, she seems to be housebroken, and
when she calms down (she is very excited by the other dogs) she knows
a few basic commands (sit, come). She is also well fed, but had
obviously not been groomed for a long time. I know she is not from the
neighborhood, and when I spoke to a few people I found out that she
had been wandering up and down our street for a day or two now. I
can't keep her, as I already have three dogs, and I don't want to give
her up to a shelter. If there is anyone in the area looking for a
companion, and you are interested in this little girl, please email me
so that we can set up a time to meet and see if she would be a good
fit for you.

I don't know whether she is spayed, and I don't know what vaccines she
had. She is mostly black, but her chest is white (speckled with black)
and her back paws are white as well. She is very endearing, and gets
along with my dogs just fine. I think she would also do well with
children. She is not food aggressive, and even though she gets very
excited and likes to jump up on you she does not nibble or otherwise
use her teeth in playing.

Again, if this sounds like a dog you would like to have (or like a dog
you or someone you know has lost and is searching for) please email me
as soon as you can so that I can get her to a good permanent home as
soon as possible.
Old February 4th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Dave[_6_]

Seka wrote:
[...]

Have her scanned for a 'chip'. Someone must be looking for her..

--
Diving is life! The rest is just details.
W.W.W.I.