Barkitechture grossed 170,900

Old February 5th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Default Barkitechture grossed 170,900

I previously posted about this. The website with the pics is at
www.barkitechture.com, however I just checked it out, and it doesn't
have any updates. I got my information from the Marion County Humane
Society.
The grossed amount will be split between them and the Ocala Multi
Cultural Alliance. I am hoping this will help MCHS keep it's doors
open. They have been in the red for the last 2 years, and have been
threatening to close.
The event was attended by 400 people. The first house on the auction
block was Dogwood Chapel, that one netted the most. It was bought by
Dr. Alan and Lynn Richman for 12,000. (Sorry Karla, I was about 11,500.
short) They also nabbed
The Woofenheim Museum for 5,500. "We came knowing we wanted to
support the humane society" said Lynn Richman.
Fort Doggone and Dog Trot House netted 10,000, the evening's second
highest prices.
Kathy Dell of the MCA announced that there has been interest in a 2nd
project.

Be Free.....Judy

Old February 6th 08, 07:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
[...]

Background?? I missed previous posts. Barkitecture link doesn't work!

Old February 6th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

BethinAk said....
Background?? I missed previous posts and the Barkitechture link doesn't
work.
______________________
BethinAk,
Of course it doesn't, it is the wrong link, apparently I just made it
up The correct one is www.dogtownflorida.com I tried to find my
original post, but it had aged off...
I hope you enjoy checking out the dog houses and figurines, very
creative, and quite a financial success. Unfortunately the link has not
posted the results of the auction, but as I mentioned 170,900 was
raised. Thanks for your interest. It is a great thing to see when area
artists come together for such good causes. There is talk of a
Barkitechture part 2.

Be Free.....Judy

Old February 8th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
BethInAK

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
BethinAk said....
Background?? I missed previous posts and the Barkitechture link doesn't
work.
______________________
BethinAk,
Of course it doesn't, it is the wrong link, apparently I just made it
up The correct one is www.dogtownflorida.com I tried to find my
original post, but it had aged off...
I hope you enjoy checking out the dog houses and figurines, very
creative, and quite a financial success. Unfortunately the link has not
posted the results of the auction, but as I mentioned 170,900 was
raised. Thanks for your interest. It is a great thing to see when area
artists come together for such good causes. There is talk of a
Barkitechture part 2.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH
wow, those are SOME DOG HOUSES
what a great event!!