White dog eye stain

Old February 6th 08, 08:58 PM
KathyM53 KathyM53 is offline
Junior Member

Default White dog eye stain

Hi, I just got a coton de tulear pup who is 14 wks old and is teething really bad...she's been vet checked and all is ok. My problem is her rusty eye staining. Is there anything safe that anyone has used to try and get some of this stain out? She is pure white with a little beige color on her ears, fiesty little thing that lives to bite my 6 yr old maltese. They're getting better at getting along...whew! Thanx for any help.
kathy
Old February 6th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy[_2_]

KathyM53 spoke these words of wisdom in
:

Hi, I just got a coton de tulear pup who is 14 wks old and is teething
really bad...she's been vet checked and all is ok. My problem is her
rusty eye staining. Is there anything safe that anyone has used to try
and get some of this stain out? She is pure white with a little beige
color on her ears, fiesty little thing that lives to bite my 6 yr old
maltese. They're getting better at getting along...whew! Thanx for any
help.
kathy

Common multipronged attacks are used.

[pH adjustment]

1 teaspoon of vinegar in water bowl each day (to acidify the dog’s system)
or
½ of an antacid (calcium carbonate) tablet twice per day (to make the dog’s
system alkaline)
(personally, I think changing a dog's ph is dangerous and may lead to
urinary tract issues or bladder or kidney stones)

[Removal]
Make a paste with equal amounts of hydrogen peroxide, Milk of Magnesia, and
cornstarch. Brush it in, let it dry, then wash out. Repeat daily as
necessary.

Or

Equal parts of lemon juice and baking soda – let stand only about 5 minutes
and then rinse well. Repeat daily as necessary.

I hope one of these suggestions will help you out.
Old February 7th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Kathleen

KathyM53 wrote:

Hi, I just got a coton de tulear pup who is 14 wks old and is teething
really bad...she's been vet checked and all is ok. My problem is her
rusty eye staining. Is there anything safe that anyone has used to try
and get some of this stain out? She is pure white with a little beige
color on her ears, fiesty little thing that lives to bite my 6 yr old
maltese. They're getting better at getting along...whew! Thanx for any
help.

The pinkish brownish rusty color you're seeing is a protein stain from
tear ducts. There are various dog-safe bleaches intended to remove the
color from light fur, but you can help prevent staining by wiping a
little bit of diaper cream along the track of the stain.

Pick up a tube of Desitin or any other diaper cream containing zinc
oxide. Wipe a little of the ointment into the fur along the
tear-stained tract. The white color masks existing stains, and the oily
ointment base keeps new stains from soaking in.