My Lab Puppy won't bark !!

Old February 13th 08, 12:02 AM
Lawman60 Lawman60 is offline
Junior Member

Question My Lab Puppy won't bark !!

I have a 15 week old chocolate lab/wiemaraner mix puppy. Other than her normal puppy traits she has not barked since I got her. She will whine when she needs out, and is kennel trained. Is this a normal trait or what??
Old February 13th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Davina Stuart

Default My Lab Puppy won't bark !!

heh.. this is likely something most dog owners wish for..
our latest addition is a nearly 2 yr old femal pom.. she barely makes a
sound. the only time we ever hear her bark or growl or anything is when
she's playing with our 13 month old male pom.. other then that.. barely a
sound from her.. it's so odd by comparison... but.. some dogs just don't see
the point of making more noside then they need to... we had an older male
pom who didn't bark a whole lot either, so.. it might just be normal for
your pup..
i'm not really familar with those breeds.. but.. never hurts to have the vet
check next time you're in.. make sure there's nothing wrong physically..

Davina

--
Lawman60

Old February 13th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"Lawman60" wrote in message

I have a 15 week old chocolate lab/wiemaraner mix puppy. Other than her
normal puppy traits she has not barked since I got her. She will whine
when she needs out, and is kennel trained. Is this a normal trait or
what??

No, but as the owner of the barkiest beast around, its a NICE trait. Enjoy
it.

Old February 13th 08, 03:10 PM
baxt1978 baxt1978 is offline
Junior Member

I wouldn't worry. My dog didn't bark until 6 months or so. Even today at 18months she barely says peep. Barking can really get out of hand too so if you enjoy the peace then squash the behavior when it happens.
Old February 13th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Lawman60 said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I have a 15 week old chocolate lab/wiemaraner mix puppy.
Other than her normal puppy traits she has not barked since
I got her. She will whine when she needs out, and is
kennel trained. Is this a normal trait or what??

This, in dog training parlance, is "perfect."

Old February 13th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jan, Kozzie Girl and Sylvie

You really should enjoy this time now. He will start barking,

Jan
http://www.thefineart cafe.com

On Feb 13, 10:10*am, baxt1978 wrote:
Beth In Alaska;338057 Wrote:

...-

Old February 13th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jan, Kozzie Girl and Sylvie

On Feb 13, 3:11*pm, "Jan, Kozzie Girl and Sylvie"
wrote:
You really should enjoy this time now. *He will start barking,

Jan

http://www.thefineartcafe.com

On Feb 13, 10:10*am, baxt1978 wrote:

Beth In Alaska;338057 Wrote:

"Lawman60" wrote in message
...-

I have a 15 week old chocolate lab/wiemaraner mix puppy. *Other than
her
normal puppy traits she has not barked since I got her. *She will
whine
when she needs out, and is kennel trained. *Is this a normal trait or
what??-

No, but as the owner of the barkiest beast around, its a NICE trait.
Enjoy
it.

I wouldn't worry. *My dog didn't bark until 6 months or so. *Even today
at 18months she barely says peep. *Barking can really get out of hand
too so if you enjoy the peace then squash the behavior when it happens.

--
baxt1978- Hide quoted text -

Old February 13th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Jan, Kozzie Girl and Sylvie wrote:
You really should enjoy this time now. =A0He will start barking,

Maybe, maybe not.

But in the meantime, please get control of your newsreader.
It seems to be reposting the same thing over and over
again without your permission.

Bark Trainer (anti-bark) doesnt work Ant Dog behavior 8 October 30th 04 03:25 PM
Bark Trainer (anti-bark) doesnt work Ant Dog behavior 0 October 25th 04 01:46 PM
Learn to bark iV Dog rescue 3 September 30th 03 05:07 AM
Learn to bark iV Dog rescue 0 September 29th 03 09:30 PM