Accomplishment

Old February 13th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

Default Accomplishment

I bought myself a pedometer the other day and was very happy to see the dogs
and I are doing a little over two miles a day. So far, so good, I am happy
to report. I still try to add a little distance to our walks, so I guess my
next goal will be to see if we can do three miles.

td

Old February 13th 08, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Feb 13, 12:26�am, "tiny dancer"
wrote:
I bought myself a pedometer the other day and was very happy to see the dogs
and I are doing a little over two miles a day. �So far, so good, I am happy
to report. �I still try to add a little distance to our walks, so I guess my
next goal will be to see if we can do three miles.

td

Did you also wipe your own butt?

Honestly, who is it that you think cares about your mundane
"accomplishments"?

I'm still waiting for you to point out the house with the scary dog.

And the trees it's tied to. Where are they?

http://tinyurl.com/23u5zh

Old February 13th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
BethInAK

"tiny dancer" wrote in message
.. .
I bought myself a pedometer the other day and was very happy to see the
dogs and I are doing a little over two miles a day. So far, so good, I am
happy to report. I still try to add a little distance to our walks, so I
guess my next goal will be to see if we can do three miles.

I'm glad your back is allowing you some more movement!

Old February 13th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
snipped

Since TD has been often accused of not doing anything with her dogs, I
think her post was significant in proof otherwise to those accusations.

Thanks diddy! I'm just happy the dire predictions of that PT didn't hold
true. Haven't been back for any more MRI's or x-rays, why court trouble is
my way of thinking.

td

Old February 13th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
tiny dancer wrote:
"diddy" none wrote in message
snipped
Since TD has been often accused of not doing anything with her dogs, I
think her post was significant in proof otherwise to those accusations.

Thanks diddy!

The word "proof" appears to mean something different in
other corners of the universe.

In other news, I won the lottery!
^

See? I posted about it, which proves it's true!

I think it's obviously a good thing if you're really getting
more exercise, but 2 miles/day of walking really isn't
enough exercise for a medium-sized dog.

I'm just happy the dire predictions of that PT didn't hold
true. Haven't been back for any more MRI's or x-rays, why court trouble is
my way of thinking.

Yeah! If I'd just spent the last n months completely
disabled by back problems, I'd *totally* try to ignore the
question of how I'm recovering!!! After all, it's just too
much trouble to try to forestall a relapse - it's *way*
easier to spend another n months disabled again!!!!

Yer a pip, tiny.

Old February 13th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"BethInAK" wrote in message

"tiny dancer" wrote in message
.. .
I bought myself a pedometer the other day and was very happy to see the
dogs and I are doing a little over two miles a day. So far, so good, I am
happy to report. I still try to add a little distance to our walks, so I
guess my next goal will be to see if we can do three miles.

I'm glad your back is allowing you some more movement!

Thanks Beth. I try to remain conscious of it, distinguish sharp pain, or
any pain that moves down my leg. I was a bit discouraged early on, as it
took awhile to build up my stamina. I finally feel back to where I was last
year before the ruptured discs.

How's Pirate coming along?

td

Old February 13th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Td said in part....
I bought myself a pedometer the other day and was very happy to see the
dogs and I are up to almost 2 miles a day...
____________________
Td
You go girl!!! A pedometer brings up a funny Christmas memory. My
daughter's boyfriend bought her sister (my other daughter) a pedometer
for Christmas. The recipient was slightly overweght at the time. Let's
just say it set off a lot of tittering. Like WTF is he trying to say?

Be Free.....Judy

Old February 15th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
many_dogs

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message

I think it's obviously a good thing if you're really getting
more exercise, but 2 miles/day of walking really isn't
enough exercise for a medium-sized dog.

Was there something in td's post that proved that's the only exercise the
dogs are getting?

Yeah! If I'd just spent the last n months completely
disabled by back problems, I'd *totally* try to ignore the
question of how I'm recovering!!! After all, it's just too
much trouble to try to forestall a relapse - it's *way*
easier to spend another n months disabled again!!!!

Yer a pip, tiny.

The fact that they're no longer causing pain proves that they are *healing.*
Ruptured disks don't always require surgery; they can heal. An x-ray or MRI
won't prove *how* precisely her actions affected their healing, nor will it
*prove* what precisely caused them to rupture in the first place, unless td
has a structural abnormality at that location that stressed them too much,
say a spondylolysis or spondylolisthesis. The x-ray or MRI won't show what
particular thing she did during her recovery that may have helped or
hindered the healing process.

As for forestalling a relapse, I'm sure her doctor has given her a number of
great pointers.

flick 100785