OT Straw Poll?

Old February 14th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Default OT Straw Poll?

I would like to know if anyone has an interest in posting your choice
for president at this time. I know that it is not PC. My intent is not
to evoke a discussion or debate, just to get a cross section of who you
would vote for, or have voted for in the primary. I will go first, if
anyone else thinks it would be of interest, if the opposite is true,
please feel free to share that with me, and mum will be the word.
Thanks, if we do it, remember it is not a discussion or critique, just a
name will do.

Be Free.....Judy

Old February 14th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message:

I would like to know if anyone has an interest in posting your choice
for president at this time. I know that it is not PC. My intent is not
to evoke a discussion or debate, just to get a cross section of who you
would vote for, or have voted for in the primary.

I don't really like discussing politics in a dog forum, but we just had our
primary yesterday, so what the hell? I voted Obama. Mostly because I don't
think (especially from talking to moderate Republican friends and other
independents) that Clinton is going to make a viable candidate. To my
thinking, the states that normally go democrat will go democrat no matter
who the nominee, and those are the ones where Clinton has done well. To
make it more competitive, there needs to be a candidate that appeals to
moderates and independents, and IMO, Hillary has weaker support in that
demographic. Virginia will be in play come the general election hopefully,
and if current sentiments are any indication, Obama is more likely to carry
it than Hillary.

McCain is not someone I dislike. He is substantially more social
conservative than I like, but I believe that he has a conscience. The
problem is that I think he'll choose some sort of extreme conservative
wingnut as his running mate in order to appeal to the Republican
conservative base.

Suja

Old February 14th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
I don't really like discussing politics in a dog forum, but we just had our
primary yesterday, so what the hell? I voted Obama.

I'm independent so I didn't get to vote, but I keep swinging
back and forth between Obama and Clinton. I was definitely
for Clinton, who's been a hell of a great senator for NY,
until the GOP unleashed the hounds on McCain. Something has
to be done to end that nonsense and while I think Obama
might be a little light on substance I think he might be the
guy who can put a damper on the viciousness. But then
things come up the swing me back to Clinton.

Either way, there's no way in hell I'm voting for McCain.
Permanent war really isn't my cup of tea.

I thought this was brilliant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwqEneBKUs

Old February 14th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw[_2_]

Melinda Shore wrote:

I thought this was brilliant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwqEneBKUs

This one, by the same folks, isn't bad either:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUKINg8DCUo&NR=1

I voted for Obama - I wanted to vote for Kucinich, but it's too
late for him to make any inroads. I think Clinton is intelligent
enough, but too pragmatic in a time when we need someone who will
take a stand. And I get ticked off by things like her failure to
vote on the amendment granting amnesty to the Telcos for
providing private data. Smacks of Mugwumpery* (Obama voted no.)
[*Definition of Mugwump, by a kid in my HS history class:
Someone with his mug on one side of the fence, and his wump on
the other.]

I won't vote for "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" McCain, so if
she wins the nomination I suppose that I will vote for her.

Oh, who am I kidding? By a year after the election, I'll hate
whomever is sitting in the White House.

FurPaw

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dogs.
Old February 14th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Obama

Be Free.....Judy

Old February 14th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
Obama

Be Free.....Judy

Obama, but I wish he'd choose Edwards as V.P.

td

Old February 14th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

I voted for Obama. He seems to have the ability to stir up positive
feelings and excitement reminiscent of JFK in the 60s. I think Hillary
would be competent, but I think she would be more divisive, and not as
willing to compromise on some things and take a firm stand on others.

After voting, they gave me a little "I Voted" sticker. They offered me some
extra ones, and I said I could stick one on my dog, but he didn't vote. Now
if the office of dog-catcher were on the ballots, I think he should have a
vote in that matter!

Paul and Muttley

Old February 14th 08, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Judith Althouse wrote:
I would like to know if anyone has an interest in posting your choice
for president at this time.

We haven't had our primary yet. I was kind of waffly about who I
wanted to support, but not so much now. I guess I didn't realize
how strongly I felt about Clinton until Obama started to pull ahead.
I find it all kinds of depressing.

As for the general election, it'll be a cold day in hell before I
vote for a Republican. I'll support whichever Democratic candidate
gets the nomination.

--
Shelly
Old February 14th 08, 11:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

tiny dancer wrote:

Obama, but I wish he'd choose Edwards as V.P.

I can't imagine that Edwards would go for that.

--
Shelly
Old February 14th 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Suja" wrote:

[...]

Phew - glad I didn't get around to reading this until now, as it saves
me a lot of typing. I voted the same way and for the same reasons, and
feel the same way about McCain.

--
Janet Boss