His tail is now a nub!

Old February 17th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
many_dogs

Default His tail is now a nub!

Our Greyhound/Dobe cross is an enthusiastic and strong tail-wagger. I
noticed he was licking his tail yesterday and realized that all the dogs
were overdue for their Frontline. Figured he'd picked up some fleas and it
itched. I applied Frontline.

Then last night while we were all sleeping, he tried to chew off his tail.
Got halfway there, too. Blech. Took him to the vet. He'd broken it about
2 inches from the end, it hurt, thus the chewing. She amputated, and he's
now got a six-inch nub and recovering from the operation with a bright
orange bandage on it.

flick 100785

Old February 17th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"many_dogs" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

Our Greyhound/Dobe cross is an enthusiastic and strong tail-wagger. I
noticed he was licking his tail yesterday and realized that all the dogs
were overdue for their Frontline. Figured he'd picked up some fleas and
it itched. I applied Frontline.

Then last night while we were all sleeping, he tried to chew off his
tail. Got halfway there, too. Blech. Took him to the vet. He'd broken
it about 2 inches from the end, it hurt, thus the chewing. She
amputated, and he's now got a six-inch nub and recovering from the
operation with a bright orange bandage on it.

flick 100785

I'm so sorry, speedy healing wishes on the way
Old February 17th 08, 07:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"many_dogs" wrote in message
.. .
Our Greyhound/Dobe cross is an enthusiastic and strong tail-wagger. I
noticed he was licking his tail yesterday and realized that all the dogs
were overdue for their Frontline. Figured he'd picked up some fleas and
it itched. I applied Frontline.

Then last night while we were all sleeping, he tried to chew off his tail.
Got halfway there, too. Blech. Took him to the vet. He'd broken it
about 2 inches from the end, it hurt, thus the chewing. She amputated,
and he's now got a six-inch nub and recovering from the operation with a
bright orange bandage on it.

Oh my GOD, HOW HORRIFIC.
I'm sorry that both you and he had to deal with that.
Wishing him a very speedy recovery.

Old February 17th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"many_dogs" wrote in message
.. .
Our Greyhound/Dobe cross is an enthusiastic and strong tail-wagger. I
noticed he was licking his tail yesterday and realized that all the dogs
were overdue for their Frontline. Figured he'd picked up some fleas and
it itched. I applied Frontline.

Then last night while we were all sleeping, he tried to chew off his tail.
Got halfway there, too. Blech. Took him to the vet. He'd broken it
about 2 inches from the end, it hurt, thus the chewing. She amputated,
and he's now got a six-inch nub and recovering from the operation with a
bright orange bandage on it.

flick 100785

So sorry to hear that flick, for both of you. Poor guy, give him a treat
from me. Take a picture of him with his bandage. I'd love to see one. Bet
he does look kind of cute, bright orange and all.

td

Old February 17th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Flick said in part....
Then last night while we were sleeping, he tried to chew off his tail.
Flick,
Oh my, I wonder what happened to him? I am glad to hear he is on the
mend.

Be Free.....Judy

cold tail/limber tail: medical name Cate Dog behavior 0 June 1st 04 02:34 PM
fyi on cold tail Cate Dog behavior 36 May 30th 04 06:13 PM
Dog's Tail Down Fatty Dog behavior 0 December 22nd 03 07:24 PM