Canidae

Old February 19th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Kevin

Default Canidae

I'd be interested in seeing some comments on different kinds of dog foods.
For quite a while I've been feeding our four dogs Canidae. They are middle
aged dogs, around 7 years old, and are healthy and energetic on this food
for the past three years. I supplement their diet with carrots and whole
wheat bread, as treats.

Old February 19th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Dave Garrett

In article ,
says...
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:50:42 -0700, "Kevin"
wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing some comments on different kinds of dog foods.
For quite a while I've been feeding our four dogs Canidae. They are middle
aged dogs, around 7 years old, and are healthy and energetic on this food
for the past three years. I supplement their diet with carrots and whole
wheat bread, as treats.

My two younger dogs (both 5) eat Canidae and do very well on it. I've
fed them higher priced foods, and I've fed them on a completely raw
diet (they still get some raw meaty bones now) but I never saw so much
of a difference over the Canidae that it made the extra cost (or
hassle, in the case of raw) worth it.

My old dog gets terribly itchy on it (I think it's the sunflower oil
that bugs him) so he eats Wellness CORE.

We fed Canidae, both dry and wet, to our 6-year-old female GSD for
several months last year. She gained weight (she has always been a bit
thin for her size and age), but it was always a toss-up whether she'd
eat the Canidae or just pick at it. Plus, she did seem to be itchier on
it than with other foods. We finally gave up and figured she just didn't
like it that much and switched her to Innova. She has rarely failed to
lick her dish clean since the switch.

I know Canidae is very highly regarded by many people (one of the
reasons we started feeding it in the first place), but in the end it
didn't work for us.

Dave

Old February 20th 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw[_2_]

Kevin wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing some comments on different kinds of dog foods.
For quite a while I've been feeding our four dogs Canidae. They are middle
aged dogs, around 7 years old, and are healthy and energetic on this food
for the past three years. I supplement their diet with carrots and whole
wheat bread, as treats.

We switched Oppie (nearing 12) to Canidae (dry and canned) last
March, after the melamine contamination news broke. He's been
doing well on it, likes it well enough to have broken into the
bin where it's stored - but then he's a Lab and will anything.

FurPaw

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dogs.

Follow up on Canidae [email protected] Dog health 108 January 28th 06 01:51 AM
canidae erik luyendyk Dog health 1 December 19th 05 12:34 AM
changes in canidae? [email protected] Dog health 6 December 18th 05 05:56 PM
changes in canidae? erik luyendyk Dog health 0 December 18th 05 12:54 AM
Canidae and Wellness Rob Dog health 5 February 28th 05 10:50 PM