The *good* bad dog - SOUND DISTRACTION AND PRAISE TECHNIQUE

Old November 16th 04, 05:18 AM
Lincasw

Default The *good* bad dog - SOUND DISTRACTION AND PRAISE TECHNIQUE

I, honestly, hope you don't have children, bud. No, if used correctly works
wonder and no, I DO NOT intimindate my doberman, I set limits of behaviour. I
can just see you with children, future jailbirds.

Puppywizard states:

You mean to punish and intimidate your dog.

If that were the case, I'd use it, don't you suppose?

Maybe better actually,

If there were something that works better than
the methods I use, I'd use them, don't you suppose?

because it is said with eye contact and very
attention getting in manner?

You mean your "NO!" command.

THAT'S EXACTLY HOWE COME IT'S COUNTERPRODUCTIVE.

My dogs know what "no" means,

It MEANS you INTIMIDATE them.

and when I say it, I really mean it.

It MEANS if they DON'T LISTEN you'll HURT them.

Yeah. No doubt you get to use it a lot...

Think about it. I don't need to use my sound
distractions a lot because by the time I've
done them a couple of times, the behavior is
trained or broken and never needs to be
addressed again.

That's why I do things differently than our experts
who fight with dog behavior problems for months
and years.

But to me the difference between a verbal
command showing displeasure and a can
of pennies seems very little to me, especially
with a puppy.

That's because you never read the instructions
I was nice enough to provide for you. I don't mind
giving extra help but I ain't gonna spoon feed you
information I've already provided if you're too lazy
to study the instructions.

Jerry doesn't like lazy students.

If you want to be lazy, I suggest you study with
professor lyingdoc dermer.

He'll even do your homework for you if you'll dust his chalkboard.

Just asking questions.... your suggestions and
your manual seem to have a lot of merit and
good thought behind it.

Yeah, well evidently you didn't quite understand
the concept of variable distraction followed by
instantaneous, prolonged, non physical praise.

Regards,
Evelyn

I suggest you re read the distraction and praise
techniques and ask specific questions if you have any.