Ice Ice Baby

Old February 22nd 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Default Ice Ice Baby

I just got back from taking Harriet for a quick skate around the back
field and/or ice rink. There's a downward slope just off my patio,
and Harriet decided to squat for a pee right at the top of it. It
rolled and spread instead of sinking in. I've never seen pee slide
down an icy hill before!

That is all. As you were, comrades.

--
Shelly
Old February 22nd 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Shelly wrote:

That is all. As you were, comrades.

Rudy has significant volume, so he melts ice pretty well. The girls?
Not so much. I cant say that I've been close enough for inspection on
running downhill though! I *have* been doing a lot of "EASY!!!!!!"
today though.

--
Janet Boss
Old February 22nd 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Janet Boss wrote in
:

Rudy has significant volume, so he melts ice pretty well.

That's how Elliott was. That boy could pee for days. Could hold it
for just as long, too.

The girls? Not so much. I cant say that I've been close enough
for inspection on running downhill though!

This is a first for me!

I *have* been doing a lot of "EASY!!!!!!" today though.

Oh yeah. It's been sleeting and raining (which freezes immediately)
since yesterday afternoon. It's pretty slick out there. I've been
on the computer most of the day, doing genealogy research (boy is
*that* ever a time suck!). The computer is by the front windows,
facing the parking lot, and all I've heard, all day long, is people
scrape-scrape-scraping their cars. The ice is thick, so it's taking
forever to chisel off.

--
Shelly
Old February 22nd 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Shelly wrote:

all I've heard, all day long, is people
scrape-scrape-scraping their cars. The ice is thick, so it's taking
forever to chisel off.

I sent DH off in my Pilot with a fresh can of deicer with a scraper cap.
I currently have a Volvo convertible and Mustang convertible in the
driveway, both totally encased in ice. It's good to be self employed
and be able to stay home with the dogs, keep the woodstove loaded, and
catch up on computer work of various sorts, along with some laundry,
vacuuming, etc.

--
Janet Boss
Old February 22nd 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
elegy wrote:

I'm so sick of ice I could scream.

You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream.

Sorry - I couldn't resist.

--
Janet Boss
Old February 22nd 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
elegy wrote:
I'm so sick of ice I could scream.

This is the iciest winter I can remember.

A few weeks back I went out on the deck to look at something
out in the fields, and Crow joined me. The deck was really
icy and I couldn't resist skating around it in my slippers,
and the next thing I knew Crow launched herself at me, which
is *so* un-Crowlike (she's a very serious dog). So we
played a bunch, me skating around and Crow ricocheting off
the wall and railings. At least we were able to get a few
minutes of fun out of this mess, because other than that and
Jack this winter hasn't been much fun at all.

Old February 23rd 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"Shelly" wrote in message
I just got back from taking Harriet for a quick skate around the back
field and/or ice rink. There's a downward slope just off my patio,
and Harriet decided to squat for a pee right at the top of it. It
rolled and spread instead of sinking in. I've never seen pee slide
down an icy hill before!

In my backyard ( had 10 -12 inches of snow until this week when it all
melted into an icy disaster) it just makes giant pee puddles. yuk

Old February 23rd 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_3_]

"Shelly" wrote in message
I just got back from taking Harriet for a quick skate around the back
field and/or ice rink. There's a downward slope just off my patio,
and Harriet decided to squat for a pee right at the top of it. It
rolled and spread instead of sinking in. I've never seen pee slide
down an icy hill before!

That is all. As you were, comrades.

And you missed the photo op of a lifetime? I am just not believing this.
Karla

Old February 23rd 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

"filly" wrote in

And you missed the photo op of a lifetime? I am just not
believing this.

And kill myself in the process? It's way too slick to do anything but
concentrate on standing up. And now it's raining, which is making
things worse, because it's melting the top layer just enough to put a
beautiful shine on it. And in some areas--like right outside my patio
door--it's an icy-bottomed lake.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/2285468315/

--
Shelly
Old February 23rd 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_3_]

"Shelly" wrote in message
"filly" wrote in

And you missed the photo op of a lifetime? I am just not
believing this.

And kill myself in the process? It's way too slick to do anything but
concentrate on standing up.

I have a problem with thinking things through to their logical conclusion.
It's caused me trouble my whole life, and now it wants to cause you trouble
too.

I never considered that you could break yourself and your camera, and I just
couldn't figure out how you could pass on such a unique situation. I'm glad
your self preservation instincts are stronger than my "oh yeah good idea
let's do that right now" instincts.

And now it's raining, which is making
things worse, because it's melting the top layer just enough to put a
beautiful shine on it. And in some areas--like right outside my patio
door--it's an icy-bottomed lake.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/2285468315/

That looks just like the protected wetlands (can't think of the name right
now, don't want to google) a few miles down the road from me. Watch out or
some government agency is going usurp your patio in the name of saving an
ice floe or some such.

I hope the thaw happens before you and Harriett go stir crazy and visit
chaos and mayhem upon each other.
Karla

death of my baby :( Cindy Dog health 1 May 2nd 07 02:38 AM
death of my baby :( Cindy Dog health 1 April 29th 07 12:57 AM
Dog with new Baby Teux Dog behavior 6 December 29th 05 12:28 AM
dog & new baby 123456789 Dog behavior 1 May 30th 05 01:27 AM
dog & new baby 123456789 Dog health 1 May 30th 05 01:27 AM