OT Ping Chris J

Old February 23rd 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

Default OT Ping Chris J

And probably Melinda and any other euphonium and tuba lovers.............

Gustavus brings you Tubonium 2008!!!!!

http://gustavus.edu/news/calendar/13579

TWO full days of lectures and concerts!!!!!!

Mark your calendars - March 14 & 15th.

Unfortunately, I have a previous engagement those days but I'm sure Chris'
husband will want to time a trip to Minnesota to be able to attend!

Judy

Old February 25th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ChrisJ

Judy wrote:
And probably Melinda and any other euphonium and tuba lovers.............

Gustavus brings you Tubonium 2008!!!!!

http://gustavus.edu/news/calendar/13579

TWO full days of lectures and concerts!!!!!!

Mark your calendars - March 14 & 15th.

Unfortunately, I have a previous engagement those days but I'm sure
Chris' husband will want to time a trip to Minnesota to be able to attend!

Judy

Wooo Hooo - Dave would love to go to this but alas time, money & job
once again come between him and Euphonium bliss. Poor guy.

BTW, Pablo is still hanging in there. He's pretty gaunt but sleeps
well, eats with great enthusiasm, and still charges out the back door to
bark proud defiance to the Evil Squirrel Empire. We're enjoying him
while we can.

Bad news, Lucy has gained 5.6 lbs in the past 6 months and is turning
into a pudgewump. Even though it's Feb, we are still singing: Christmas
is coming and the Goose is getting fat . . .

Chris and her smoothies
Pablo and Goose
Old February 25th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:46:06 -0500, ChrisJ wrote:

BTW, Pablo is still hanging in there. He's pretty gaunt but sleeps
well, eats with great enthusiasm, and still charges out the back door to
bark proud defiance to the Evil Squirrel Empire. We're enjoying him
while we can.

I was just wondering how he was doing. Glad he is still able to do
his best to keep NY state and the world safe from squirrels.

Bad news, Lucy has gained 5.6 lbs in the past 6 months and is turning
into a pudgewump. Even though it's Feb, we are still singing: Christmas
is coming and the Goose is getting fat . . .

Music, who wasn't especially svelte when you met him, has gained 4
pounds in about the same time period. Have you been able to figure
out a cause for Lucy's weight gain? We haven't with Music, and I've
been singing a lot of whale songs to him. He wags madly and rubs his
head on me.

Mustang Sally

Old February 25th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"ChrisJ" wrote in message:

BTW, Pablo is still hanging in there. He's pretty gaunt but sleeps
well, eats with great enthusiasm, and still charges out the back door to
bark proud defiance to the Evil Squirrel Empire.

Good on him. Those tree rats cannot be trusted.

Bad news, Lucy has gained 5.6 lbs in the past 6 months and is turning
into a pudgewump. Even though it's Feb, we are still singing: Christmas
is coming and the Goose is getting fat . . .

Heh. I've been looking at Pan and going 'You've put on weight!'. Weighed
her on Saturday, and she's actually lost 2 1/2 pounds, now down to 105.5
pounds. Maybe I should stop obsessing over my dogs' weight and start
worrying about my own.

Suja

Old February 25th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ChrisJ

sighthounds & siberians wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:46:06 -0500, ChrisJ wrote:

BTW, Pablo is still hanging in there. He's pretty gaunt but sleeps
well, eats with great enthusiasm, and still charges out the back door to
bark proud defiance to the Evil Squirrel Empire. We're enjoying him
while we can.

I was just wondering how he was doing. Glad he is still able to do
his best to keep NY state and the world safe from squirrels.

Bad news, Lucy has gained 5.6 lbs in the past 6 months and is turning
into a pudgewump. Even though it's Feb, we are still singing: Christmas
is coming and the Goose is getting fat . . .

Music, who wasn't especially svelte when you met him, has gained 4
pounds in about the same time period. Have you been able to figure
out a cause for Lucy's weight gain?

Oh there's no mystery here. For various reasons our jogging routine has
hit the skids so there's the lack of exercise. I haven't cut back
enough on Lucy's rations. I've been letting Lucy clean the floor after
I feed Pablo, and clean the bowls after fixing Pablo's pancakes. Oh
let's not forget the "Treat God" - a remote treat dispensing machine -
we're using it to counter-condition Lucy to certain sounds from the
garage/basement. Lucy has always gotten overly agitated at any sounds
from our tenants and her barking got 10x worse six months ago when we
replaced their entrance door, which per code, must automatically shut
firmly (i.e. it slams). The counter conditioning has worked very well in
reducing Lucy's fear and thus her defensive barking. We call it the
"Treat God" because Lucy used to spend hours in front of it, gazing at
it with almost religious adoration, waiting for it to bestow the Kibble
of Benevolence upon her. Just a week or so ago, she finally connected
the dots and happily runs to the T-G when she hears the downstairs door
slam.

However, the biggest reason the Goose is one fat collie is me since I'm
the owner and, supposedly, the one with the crinkly brain. In my
defense, I've been so focused on Pablo that I haven't paid enough
attention to Lucy's shape.

Baaaaad owner - no chocolate for you!

Chris

Old February 26th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"ChrisJ" wrote in message
Wooo Hooo - Dave would love to go to this but alas time, money & job once
again come between him and Euphonium bliss. Poor guy.

Poor guy indeed. Perhaps another year.

BTW, Pablo is still hanging in there.

There are some things that science and logic just can't touch. I'm glad
he's still doing okay.

Are you still cooking those sardine things for him? Poor Chris!

Bad news, Lucy has gained 5.6 lbs in the past 6 months and is turning into
a pudgewump.

We just put the dogs on the scales this past week and it appears that I also
had been getting a little heavy handed with the food in the dog dishes.
Spenser had held but Miss Sassy had put on about half a pound. And from the
feel of her ribs - which are still VERY feel-able - it wasn't muscle weight.
So now when she finishes her bowl first and looks at Spenser - who is still
finishing his up - and insists that "he got More", she's got a point.

Judy

Old February 26th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ChrisJ

Judy wrote:
"ChrisJ" wrote in message

BTW, Pablo is still hanging in there.

There are some things that science and logic just can't touch. I'm glad
he's still doing okay.

Are you still cooking those sardine things for him? Poor Chris!

Why yes I am. Though I've added Special Pancakes as an alternate to
Special (i.e., Sardine plus other delights) Meatballs. Special Pancakes
are JUST as wonderful as Special Meatballs with the added benefit that I
can make them on short notice. Pablo loves my cooking.

Bad news, Lucy has gained 5.6 lbs in the past 6 months and is turning
into a pudgewump.

We just put the dogs on the scales this past week and it appears that I
also had been getting a little heavy handed with the food in the dog
dishes. Spenser had held but Miss Sassy had put on about half a pound.
And from the feel of her ribs - which are still VERY feel-able - it
wasn't muscle weight. So now when she finishes her bowl first and looks
at Spenser - who is still finishing his up - and insists that "he got
More", she's got a point.

PooooooOOOOOoooor Sassy - you abuse her so.

I make a point to feed Lucy in her crate in an adjacent room before
feeding Pablo. It would just about kill her if she actually saw how
much food Pablo gets to eat.

Chris and her smoothies
Pablo & Goose

Ping: Chris Jung Shelly & The Boys Dog behavior 0 July 3rd 04 06:12 PM
Ping: Chris Jung Shelly & The Boys Dog behavior 0 July 3rd 04 06:12 PM
Ping Chris W. Sionnach Dog behavior 0 October 5th 03 03:06 PM
Ping Chris W. Sionnach Dog behavior 0 October 5th 03 03:06 PM
Ping Chris W. Sionnach Dog behavior 0 October 5th 03 03:06 PM