Reconcile(TM)

Old February 25th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

Default Reconcile(TM)

Has anyone *here* had first-hand experience with this canine-specific
"anti-anxiety" drug?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68990.php

Have you ever used it on one or more of *your* dogs?

If so, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Dr. Helen: Single Men in Never-Neverland.
http://pajamasmedia.com/2008/02/ask_dr_helen_8.php

So what would it take to alarm you?
http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?c...9_96039&page=1

"Lately, I feel like a stranger in my own land..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpRNkgqUPT0&eurl
Old February 25th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Julia Altshuler

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:
Has anyone *here* had first-hand experience with this canine-specific
"anti-anxiety" drug?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68990.php

Have you ever used it on one or more of *your* dogs?

If so, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

No help with personal experience trying it on one of my dogs. I can
tell you that fluoxetine hydrochloride currently marketed as Reconcile,
is plain old Prozac by any other name. I've got limited experience
trying it on my non-canine friends.

--Lia

Old February 25th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message

Has anyone *here* had first-hand experience with this canine-specific
"anti-anxiety" drug?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68990.php

Have you ever used it on one or more of *your* dogs?

If so, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

No, no experience with SSRI's and dogs. I'm curious as to the designation
of an SSRI as an 'anti-anxiety' drug though. They are *usually* classified
as 'antidepressants' IME. With humans anyway, some have *anxiety* as a
possible added benefit, but the basic intent of SSRI's is for their
antidepressant feature.

SSRI: A selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor

It does appear to have a long list of *possible* adverse reactions. I'm
wondering, have *simple* for lack of a better term, anti-anxieties already
been tried? Something like xanax or klonipen? I thought those were
occasionally used on dogs for 'short term' treatments for things such as
behavior modification? I also 'thought' they had fewer negative
side-effects.

td

Old February 25th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
tiny dancer wrote:
It does appear to have a long list of *possible* adverse reactions.

I have a question: He was specifically asking for first-hand
experience with it. You have no experience with it. You
also have no expertise. Basically, you weren't providing
any information beyond what anybody could find with a
browser and search engine. So, why did you post a response?
^
My guess: you don't know the answer to that question, ___|
either.

Old February 25th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:30:11 -0500, Julia Altshuler
wrote:

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:
Has anyone *here* had first-hand experience with this canine-specific
"anti-anxiety" drug?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68990.php

Have you ever used it on one or more of *your* dogs?

If so, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

No help with personal experience trying it on one of my dogs. I can
tell you that fluoxetine hydrochloride currently marketed as Reconcile,
is plain old Prozac by any other name.

Yes, I know that. I'm only interested in hearing about first-hand
experiences using the canine-specific drug *Reconcile(TM)*.

I've got limited experience trying it on my non-canine friends.

Lia, to repeat, I'd only be interested in hearing about your
first-hand experience trying *Reconcile(TM)* on your *canine* friends.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
Old February 25th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Julia Altshuler

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

Lia, to repeat, I'd only be interested in hearing about your
first-hand experience trying *Reconcile(TM)* on your *canine* friends.

It's usenet, eh? You post a question, and the thread goes in all
directions. Comes with the territory. If you do figure out a way to
get only the sorts of responses you want, let me know. I could use that
information too.

--Lia

Old February 25th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:41:09 -0500, "tiny dancer"
wrote:

[...]
Has anyone *here* had first-hand experience with this canine-specific
"anti-anxiety" drug?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68990.php

Have you ever used it on one or more of *your* dogs?

If so, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks!

No, no experience with SSRI's and dogs.

[...]

TD, with all due respect, can we keep this conversation limited to
this specific topic, at least for the time being?

I.e., first-hand experience with the canine-specific "anti-anxiety"
drug *Reconcile(TM)*.

Thanks!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
Old February 25th 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Julia Altshuler wrote:
It's usenet, eh? You post a question, and the thread goes in all
directions. Comes with the territory. If you do figure out a way to
get only the sorts of responses you want, let me know. I could use that
information too.

It gets back to that responsbility question. You can't
control how people respond to your posts but you can control
what you post, yourself. Well, maybe not everybody can.
But they should.

Old February 25th 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:57:38 -0500, Julia Altshuler
wrote:

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

Lia, to repeat, I'd only be interested in hearing about your
first-hand experience trying *Reconcile(TM)* on your *canine* friends.

It's usenet, eh? You post a question, and the thread goes in all
directions. Comes with the territory. If you do figure out a way to
get only the sorts of responses you want, let me know. I could use that
information too.

Thanks for your cooperation!

sigh

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
Old February 25th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Julia Altshuler wrote:

plain old Prozac by any other name. I've got limited experience
trying it on my non-canine friends.

My cat takes Prozac.

--
Janet Boss