Nightmares!

Old March 24th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Default Nightmares!

The dogs are fine. I am having them and apparently, so is Rajeesh, and
it's the same one....
___________________________
Suja,
They are quite normal and to be expected as D-day draws closer. I
hope they cease after you are gone. The dogs will be so happy when you
and Rajeesh get home. Try not to worry. I know that is easier said
than done.
Be sure to remind your friends and family that I will be looking them
up when I make the trip.

Be Free.....Judy

Old March 24th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb[_2_]

"Suja" wrote in
:

The dogs are fine. I'm having them. Apparently, so is Rajesh, and
it's the same one. Pan gets out of her collar and runs away from her
dog sitter looking for me. She's running up and down the sidewalk of
a super busy street, trying to jump into any black SUVs that happen
by. GAAAAH!!!

Suja

You poor things! It's awfully hard to leave them when they're so attached
to you. I've always thought Zoe could be in one of those "Incredible
Journey" scenarios.

Pan will be fine. She really will. And you will be fine as well. Can you
get email/phone updates while you're in India?

--
Catherine
& Zoe, Queenie, & Max, 3 black dogs of varying sizes

Old March 24th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb[_2_]

"Suja" wrote in
:

At some point, Pan decided that she wasn't going to walk with me
anymore. Never happened before. We're fairly certain it was Jade
that did it; I guess she's become part of the pack just by hanging out
here once every few weeks.

Oh, she's staying somewhere with kids! She'll love that.

Old March 24th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message:

They are quite normal and to be expected as D-day draws closer. I
hope they cease after you are gone. T

The hardest part will the the first day or two, and it's a good thing I'll
be stuck on a plane, not able to do a damn thing. I know she'll be okay
after a day or two of bonding with her new people.

Be sure to remind your friends and family that I will be looking them
up when I make the trip.

You got it. My dad is always waiting for someone new to tell his war
stories to. They want people to visit.

Suja

Old March 24th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"ceb" wrote in message:

You poor things! It's awfully hard to leave them when they're so attached
to you.

I'm trying contacts again after a 10 plus year break, and looking at myself
in the mirror, the first thing that struck me is that I have raccoon eyes.
Glasses are good for hiding that.

Something interesting happened yesterday. Rajesh and Jade (neighbor's
daughter) were playing hangman on our walk and lagging. I had both the
dogs. At some point, Pan decided that she wasn't going to walk with me
anymore. Never happened before. We're fairly certain it was Jade that did
it; I guess she's become part of the pack just by hanging out here once
every few weeks. It's a good sign as far as I'm concerned, that she's
willing to elevate someone else to the same sort of 'fatal attraction' type
of status that she does with me.

Pan will be fine. She really will. And you will be fine as well. Can you
get email/phone updates while you're in India?

That's the plan. It's kinda hard because we'll be at SIL's the first few
days, and they have no international long distance, and online access is via
dial-up. Then we go to my in-laws' place, and they have the phone
connectivity, but no email. It won't be until a week after I land that I'll
have access to both proper phone and broadband email service. By then,
hopefully, the anxiety would've abated.

The friends that have Khan are planning on taking him to visit Pan on one
(or more) of the weekends. Hopefully, seeing familiar faces will help her.

Suja

Old March 24th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"ceb" wrote in message:

Oh, she's staying somewhere with kids! She'll love that.

Every time Jade comes over, she plays hide and seek with Pan (Khan is not
that motivated), and she gets treats galore in the process. I'm sure she
loves that.

The 7 year old also seemed like a treat machine. In the couple of hours we
were there, Pan snagged a couple of giganto dog cookies off her. I've asked
that they feed the treats that I'm providing (Pan has low-grade allergies to
something), and with the exception of the greenies and other chewies, all
are *much* smaller in size. This way, I will hopefully not come back to a
150 pound dog. I'm fairly certain she'll put on weight, I just hope not too
much.

Suja

Old March 24th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"BethInAK" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

"Suja" wrote in message
The dogs are fine. I'm having them. Apparently, so is Rajesh, and it's
the
same one. Pan gets out of her collar and runs away from her dog sitter
looking for me. She's running up and down the sidewalk of a super busy
street, trying to jump into any black SUVs that happen by. GAAAAH!!!

I hate those.

BethF. How is Pirate now doing this far out post-surgery?

nightmares/dreams Atom1 Dog behavior 9 April 6th 04 12:09 AM
nightmares/dreams Atom1 Dog behavior 0 April 4th 04 10:26 PM
nightmares/dreams Atom1 Dog behavior 0 April 4th 04 10:26 PM