Fair or unfair?

Old March 1st 04, 08:34 AM

Default Fair or unfair?

Is it fair for an agility facility to run a yahoo group restricted to
those who trial at the facility frequently?

The purpose of the group is to give notices of events, lost items, run
order, site conditions, announce premium openings, shows that have filled
or spaces that open in shows, and other topics related to events at the
facility.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/

Old March 1st 04, 08:35 PM
Rocky

Diane said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Is it fair for an agility facility to run a yahoo group
restricted to those who trial at the facility frequently?

The purpose of the group is to give notices of events, lost
items, run order, site conditions, announce premium
openings, shows that have filled or spaces that open in
shows, and other topics related to events at the facility.

I run a similar yahoo group (CalgaryAgility) which is meant
mainly for club members. To be fair, though, I allow membership
to anyone who wants to join. While all of the information
posted to the list is available elsewhere (club websites, direct
email, ect.), the list is convenient for those who don't know
where and how to find trial information.

The list you're referring to - is it used as a vehicle to give
certain people a perhaps unfair advantage?

Old March 1st 04, 09:13 PM
Jo Wolf

Dunno what the problem is. Lots of clubs and training schools have
their own closed elists.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old March 1st 04, 11:29 PM

On 1 Mar 2004 20:35:22 GMT Rocky whittled these words:
Diane said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Is it fair for an agility facility to run a yahoo group
restricted to those who trial at the facility frequently?

The purpose of the group is to give notices of events, lost
items, run order, site conditions, announce premium
openings, shows that have filled or spaces that open in
shows, and other topics related to events at the facility.

I run a similar yahoo group (CalgaryAgility) which is meant
mainly for club members. To be fair, though, I allow membership
to anyone who wants to join. While all of the information
posted to the list is available elsewhere (club websites, direct
email, ect.), the list is convenient for those who don't know
where and how to find trial information.

The list you're referring to - is it used as a vehicle to give
certain people a perhaps unfair advantage?

Knowing the person who is starting it purely as an acquaintence I don' t
think that was her intent, but it will absolutely be the effect. At
least I hope that wasn't her intent. If they are inappropriate THEN toss
them, but gee if they aren't interested why would they join and if they
are interested why should they be excluded. I don't get it. Now if
support will just fix my email I can ask her.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/

Old March 1st 04, 11:34 PM

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:13:19 -0500 (EST) Jo Wolf whittled these words:
Dunno what the problem is. Lots of clubs and training schools have
their own closed elists.

Well I'm not sure I agree with a club giving their members first crack at
an unexpected trial opening.

I'm even less sure that a facility that hosts lots of trials which often
fill quickly ought to be giving the frequent flyers a better opportunity
to get into a trial than someone new to the area.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/