Green Eco-Dog Muttley

Old April 27th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

Default Green Eco-Dog Muttley

Today was the www.BaltimoreGreenWeek.org Eco-Festival at Druid Hill Park,
and I thought it would be a good opportunity to give Muttley some
socialization. I put him in his car harness and when we got there, he was
of course anxious to get out and explore this big new world, and I left it
on him, but carried his easy walk harness as well, intending to put that on
him once we got to a convenient place. Seeing his harness, some people
thought he was a working or service dog, but I told them he was just making
me work just walking him. He was OK, and met lots of people and other dogs,
but mostly he just ignored them. Some people were very afraid of him, and
some (especially kids) would just rush over to pet him. But he was fine,
and I never got to put his easy walk harness on him. In fact, somehow I
dropped it or left it somewhere and I lost it. I also have another harness
that I had bought for Lucky, and maybe I can modify it by adding a ring on
the chest strap so that it works about like the Easy Walk. But really, he
does not pull all that terribly much, or maybe I am just used to it as he
is used to pulling.

But it was a beautiful day, and it was great to mingle with so many other
people who are committed to making the world a better place for everyone by
taking "Green" initiatives and working toward clean energy, a sustainable
economy, and conservation, as well as simply enjoying the green spaces we
have. Druid Hill Park, by the reservoir, is a beautiful setting, and
Baltimore is striving to set an example for other cities to protect and
expand their environmental programs, and dispel the myths that ecologically
responsible policies will cost jobs and wreck the economy. The reverse is
actually true, and much of our present economic downturn is directly caused
by "business as usual" which benefits the big energy companies and hurts
the ordinary consumer. Fortunately, a growing number of us are working to
turn this around, and there is hope for the future, although all of us will
have to make some sacrifices.

Three cheers for $5/gallon gas! If you don't average at least 30 MPG, then
YOU are the cause and you deserve what you get.

Paul and Muttley

The Green Gate [email protected] Dog behavior 0 February 23rd 08 10:39 AM
Green tea for dogs? Kayla Dog health 5 May 16th 05 09:58 PM
It ain't easy being green Chris Williams Dog behavior 0 November 5th 03 10:18 PM
It ain't easy being green Chris Williams Dog behavior 0 November 5th 03 10:18 PM
Thanks all ..... for a Green dog Chris Williams Dog behavior 3 July 17th 03 12:47 PM