need chihuahua information

Old May 5th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Margaret

Default need chihuahua information

A neighbor's daughter, age 16, wants to get a Chihuahua. Daughter is a
typical teenager with school activites and a part-time job so I have already
commented on those factors as issues.
Can anyone provide information about health and behavior issues related to
this breed?

Thank you!
Margaret

Old May 5th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Rocky[_2_]

"Margaret" said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Can anyone provide information about health and behavior
issues related to this breed?

Outside of the continuity of a high schooler taking on a
15 year (or so) responsibility, check out this link I took
from http://www.dogplay.com/Breeding/health.html:

http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/P...adiseases.html

Old May 5th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
\(the\)duckster

"Margaret" wrote in message
A neighbor's daughter, age 16, wants to get a Chihuahua. Daughter is a
typical teenager with school activites and a part-time job so I have

already
commented on those factors as issues.
Can anyone provide information about health and behavior issues related to
this breed?

Thank you!
Margaret

Are the parents prepared to take care of this animal once the daughter:

-loses interest,
-goes away to college,
-gets an apartment that doesn't allow pets,
-marries someones that hates dogs

I would suggest your neighbor's family consider volunteering at a shelter or
fostering a dog before making a lifetime commitment to a pet, no matter what
Britney Spears or Paris Hilton do by bad example.

Kind regards,
(the)duckster

Old May 15th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
sands904

For Information about the Chihuahua visit: http://www.purebredpups.org/Breed_In...Chihuahua.aspx

Old May 15th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article ,
sands904 wrote:
For Information about the Chihuahua visit: http://www.weselladstoshittybreeders...Chihuahua.aspx

Wow - what a disaster of a website. I guess it's nice that
people who are looking to buy badly-bred messes of puppies
have a place to go, but *wow*. It's particularly
unfortunate that so many of the ads are from people selling
toy breeds, given how widespread genetic health problems are
with the little guys.