Vet Trauma

Old May 7th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

Default Vet Trauma

For a change, it was Pan's turn to do something more than mooch cookies off
the vets and the receptionists. So, three people had to haul her big self
onto a slippery table, force her to lie still on her side, put weights on
her legs/neck to keep her from trying to jump off, and worst of all, they
hid mommy behind a lead screen! Oh the dogmanity! Anyway, a couple of
radiographs later, she had had enough and decided to end the session.

Everything looks good, BTW. I took her in because she seems to have this
gagging cough, only when she's outdoors and exercising, and given her
age/breed and the possibility of DCM, this was one of those better to be
safe than sorry visits.

Now, if only I can figure out how to turn around without bumping into her or
having her try to lie on my feet, that'd be great.

Suja

Old May 7th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

in rec.pets.dogs.behavior, "Suja" wrote in
:

Now, if only I can figure out how to turn around without bumping into
her or having her try to lie on my feet, that'd be great.

Learn to fly.

--
Marcel Beaudoin and Moogli
Old May 7th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"elegy" wrote in message:

oh the horror! you cruel, cruel people.

The worst of it was that the cookie jar in the consulting room was out of
cookies! What's up with that?

glad it was good news! especially when you're talking DCM.

I know! She's at the right age and the right breed for developing DCM. If
her cough doesn't get better, it is off to the cardiologist for a baseline
work-up. Our vet has had experience with one dog that had normal chest
X-rays, but had abnormally functioning heart, something that couldn't be
picked up on a regular work-up.

haha. i have that problem too, but mine's a lot smaller.

I stubbed my toe on her head. She doesn't appear to have noticed, but boy,
does it hurt! I'm used to having her shadow me, but it's been a long time
since she's been *this* clingy. Having me behind a lead screen for a whole
5 seconds must've been some kind of traumatic.

Suja