You're not gonna believe what my friend's dog did

Old May 10th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Roger Stevenson

Default You're not gonna believe what my friend's dog did

First let me say that it's really awesome to see a place that
appreciates the importance of properly training your dog and has such
love and compassion for dogs. You guys will definitely be seeing me
around here more often :-)

There's this dog park I go to every weekend and I've been trying to
get my friend to come along. I'm trying to tell him the importance
properly training your your dog and keeping him active. One weekend
he finally comes and brings his cute little beagle. While there, his
beagle runs off towards some lady holding a sandwich and takes a huge
bite at it. Long story short, her hand was badly bitten and she ended
up suing my friend and his dog had to be put to sleep.

Ever since this has happened, I cannot stress enough the importance of
properly training your dog. I'm actually a professional dog trainer
and I started my own blog because I want people who can't afford or
maybe aren't interested in professional dog training to at least
properly equip themselves with the tools and knowledge necessary to
avoid terrible events like what happened to my friend.

Anyways, I would love it if you guys would check out my blog about
dogs at http://dogtraining22.blogspot.com/ .
Feel free to e-mail me with any dog training questions you may have at

Looking forward to hearing from you guys :-)

Roger Stevenson
Old May 10th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Roger Stevenson wrote:

[...]

You're a "professional dog trainer" and you badgered a friend to bring
his untrained dog to an off-lead public dog park?

Way to go, Ace. Your friend's dog lost his life as a direct result of
your actions.

Old May 10th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Kathleen wrote:
You're a "professional dog trainer" and you badgered a friend to bring
his untrained dog to an off-lead public dog park?

No, he's some jerk that's trying to Get Rich Quick on the
Inner Tubes and made up some cockamamie story to help peddle
his poop.

Old May 10th 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
Enough people must in order to make these folks spend so much time
finding dog (or other) groups to spam, yes?

I think there are several things behind it: 1) the costs
(both startup and marginal) are *so* low that there's
virtually no barrier to entry, and 2) there are actually two
sets of suckers. The first set of suckers is the obvious
one - the folks who fall for the ad (I figure they're the
same people buying Bash Dibra's books at Barnes and Noble).
But the second set of suckers is the spammers themselves.
They usually got into the business by buying e-texts from
someone who sells that crap on eBay or other online outlets,
and it's really those folks who are making the money, such
as there is to be made.

If you go to the spam "blogs," find a statistically unlikely
chunk of text from one of the "posts," and do a web search
on that phrase, you can usually get a bunch of hits finding
other "blogs" with exactly the same post.

It's kind of a given that someone who thinks they can make
money at this sort of thing isn't bright enough to realize
that other people are buying exactly the same crap,
advertising in exactly the same places, and doing exactly
the same thing. I figure that trying to make money by
selling generic e-texts you bought from somebody else is
tantamount to flying your dunce flag high and proud.

Old May 10th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

http://lightlounge.org/articles/othe...law/index.html

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=406

Old May 10th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw[_2_]

Roger Spamson wrote some blather about how he screwed over his
friend with bad advice, resulting in the dog being put to sleep:

You're right. I don't. Believe it, that is.

Anyways, I would love it if you guys would check out my blog about
dogs at http://spamtraining.spamblogspot.com/ .
Feel free to e-mail me with any dog training questions you may have at

--
The plural of anecdote is not proof.

To reply, unleash the dogs
Old May 10th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On Sat, 10 May 2008 07:57:10 -0500, Kathleen
wrote:

Roger Stevenson wrote:

[...]

If he's a professional dog trainer, I'm an animal behaviorist. Look
at his blog. He's just another spammer.

Mustang Sally