My dog was mad!!!!

Old May 15th 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
monica2

Default My dog was mad!!!!

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to share my successful dog training experience with you.
I used to have a 'mad' cocker spaniel.
When I bought him as a puppy he was adorable! Very calm, even shy. But
this didn't last very long.... He was a really hyperactive dog.
From that point onwards, everything was a disaster. I failed to teach
him to walk on my side (he used to pull the leash so hard that he was
out of breath), I failed to teach him to stop jumping on people, I
failed to stop him from barking when he was alone in the house or
simply when he was excited about anything. It also took me months on
end to house train him.
This behavior continued for about three years.
A few months ago I started researching about dog training. I bought
several dog training programs and books,and implemented their
techniques. It definitely paid off!
I feel so relieved. I can finally walk my dog knowing calmly. He barks
very little. He doesn't jump on people, bite things or run and down
like a maniac, trying to get my attention when I am trying to read a
book.
He's much calmer and happier, and to be honest with you, so am I.
I am telling you all this to let you know that it is possible to have
a calm, well behaved dog. It is very possible, even if you have a
hyperactive dog like mine was.
Do some research, implement what you learn, refine your techniques,
and you will get there.
I have created a blog to share some dog training tips with other
owners. I hope they can help. You can check it at http://haveafantasticdog.blogspot.com/.
I intend to update my blog with new tips on a regular basis.
If you have any doubts you can email me and I will do my best to help
you out.
Good luck!