The positive approach to dog training

Old June 1st 08, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default The positive approach to dog training

Hi everyone,

It’s widely accepted among the vast majority of dog training experts
that the most effective and humane way to train your dog is through a
process called positive reinforcement.

This is a fancy phrase for what’s essentially a very simple theory:
using positive reinforcement involves rewarding the behaviour that you
wish to see repeated, and ignoring the behaviour that you don’t.

This method is in direct contrast to some of the now-outdated but once-
popular techniques for dog training, some of which were frankly
abhorrent: physical pain and intimidation (such as hanging an
aggressive dog up by her collar), or inhumane methods of aversion
therapy (such as shock collars for barking).

Read more at.... http://dogtraining.infoaddicts.net/
Old June 1st 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Read more at.... http://dogtraining.imaspammer.net

Hey, spammer! Before joining the SitStayCrap franchise, did
you pause for even a fraction of a second to consider how
many other people were selling exactly the same piece of
junk and advertising it in exactly the same way?

When you advertise like this, you're not selling a lot of
product but you *are* announcing that you're a credulous
dupe.

Old June 1st 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
naonline

--
* * *Melinda Shore - Software longa, hardware brevis -

* * * Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community

And you are announcing that you *are* rude and offensive. I've got
better things to do than promote crap and i'm sure everyone in this
group has the intelligence to decide for themselves what is junk
without any high and mighty comments from you.
A group about dogs is definately the place for you!
Old June 1st 08, 12:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
naonline wrote:
And you are announcing that you *are* rude and offensive.

Maybe, but I'm not certainly not stupid enough to fall for
the SitStayCrap scam. And the "Stop Barking" scam. You're
just here to sell junk to people you hope will be more
gullible than you. Alas for you, it's unlikely that there
are many people more gullible, and in the meantime there are
hundreds of other people selling exactly the same garbage
using exactly the same mechanisms and advertising in exactly
the same places.

I've got
better things to do than promote crap

If you really did, then you'd be doing those things.
Q.e.d., dude.

Old June 1st 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
naonline

On Jun 1, 12:21*pm, (Melinda Shore) wrote:
In article ,

naonline wrote:
And you are announcing that you *are* rude and offensive.

Maybe, but I'm not certainly not stupid enough to fall for
the SitStayCrap scam. *And the "Stop Barking" scam. *You're
just here to sell junk to people you hope will be more
gullible than you. *Alas for you, it's unlikely that there
are many people more gullible, and in the meantime there are
hundreds of other people selling exactly the same garbage
using exactly the same mechanisms and advertising in exactly
the same places.

I've got
better things to do than promote crap

If you really did, then you'd be doing those things.
Q.e.d., dude.
--
* * *Melinda Shore - Software longa, hardware brevis -

* * * Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community

Well I actually use the product and have seen incredible results. As a
result, I decided to promote it.

Go take your medication and calm down.
Old June 1st 08, 12:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
naonline wrote:
Well I actually use the product and have seen incredible results. As a
result, I decided to promote it.

I doubt very much that you've used either product. If you
did, instead of insulting me you'd be trying to explain why
it's not a scam. It's a very unusual approach you've got to
marketing. Between your lack of research and the stupidity
you're showing in trying to sell (clearly, you did about as
much research into Usenet as you did into SitStayCrap), I
predict ... total failure!

Even if the products you're whoring weren't complete crap,
you've given nobody any reason to buy it from you rather
than the hundreds of other people selling exactly the same
thing. Instead, you've given us plenty of reason not to.
Well done!

Old June 1st 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
naonline

On Jun 1, 12:42*pm, (Melinda Shore) wrote:
In article ,

naonline wrote:
[...]

I doubt anything I say would convince you as you clearly have a very
large chip on your shoulder. Full refunds are offered for these
courses anyway.

http://dogtraining.infoaddicts.net/
Old June 1st 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
naonline wrote:
I doubt anything I say would convince you as you clearly have a very
large chip on your shoulder.

*Great* marketing strategy!

http://dogtraining.imalazy****er.net/

How much research did you do into Usenet before you decided
to crap it up?

Old June 1st 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-06-01 06:51:30 -0400, said:

Hi everyone,

Hi, Dr. Nick!

Old June 1st 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mark Shaw

naonline wrote:

Well I actually use the product and have seen incredible results. As a
result, I decided to promote it.

Rrrrright.

Didn't you stop and think for JUST A MOMENT that we might've
seen this scam already? Like, say about eleventy-seven dozen
times?

Stupid spammer. No coin for you!

--
Mark Shaw (And Baron) moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
Has a dog Buddha-nature? This is the most serious question of all. If