Harriet's Big Weekend

Old June 3rd 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Harriet's Big Weekend

We went to my mom's this weekend. Harriet got to play with my niece
and nephew, which she enjoyed. She's a sucker for kids.

She got to be queen of the house and bark at a visiting GSD (who was
not allowed inside, because The Queen's nose was all out of joint).

She got to eat pretty much anything we were eating, though I managed
to keep folks from giving her brussels sprouts or cabbage, thank
goodness.

The highlight, though, was taking her down to the river, where my
heretofore perfect little dog rolled ecstatically in goose poop. I
guess I should be thankful that she didn't eat any, but eeew! She
got it in her collars, it was plastered and dried to her tags, and
it was all along her head, shoulders, back, and sides. She did a
pretty thorough job of it.

She also went wading in the river, which was surprising (she might
have gone even farther in, but I called her back, because the
current looked strong in the middle). My mom lives on the "wrong"
side of the river (no car access), so we had it to ourselves. That
meant there were acres and acres and acres of wild river bank, so
Harriet got to run off-leash. I should have taken my camera, but I
just wanted to go and play with the dog and not have to worry about
anything else. Next time, I'll take photos. She was *awfully* cute
wading in the river with her big old happy Boxer smile.

--
Shelly
Old June 3rd 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_3_]

"Shelly" wrote in message

The highlight, though, was taking her down to the river, where my
heretofore perfect little dog rolled ecstatically in goose poop. I guess
I should be thankful that she didn't eat any, but eeew! She got it in her
collars, it was plastered and dried to her tags, and it was all along her
head, shoulders, back, and sides. She did a pretty thorough job of it.

LOL At least its goose poop and not carnivore poop which is somehow much
more revolting.

She also went wading in the river, which was surprising (she might have
gone even farther in, but I called her back, because the current looked
strong in the middle). My mom lives on the "wrong" side of the river (no
car access), so we had it to ourselves. That meant there were acres and
acres and acres of wild river bank, so Harriet got to run off-leash. I
should have taken my camera, but I just wanted to go and play with the dog
and not have to worry about anything else. Next time, I'll take photos.
She was *awfully* cute wading in the river with her big old happy Boxer
smile.

Harriet got wet VOLUNTARILY?? I'd probably pay to see that!

Old June 3rd 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ications,
Beth In Alaska wrote:
LOL At least its goose poop and not carnivore poop which is somehow much
more revolting.

You can also rub Harriet off in the garden and help things
grow. Can't do that with carnivore poop, or at least you
shouldn't.

Instant Review: Harriet's New Collar Shelly Dog behavior 15 May 24th 08 04:40 AM
Harriet's Hmas Shelly Dog behavior 5 December 28th 06 01:42 PM
Harriet's Brindle Bits shelly Dog breeds 2 October 25th 05 02:13 PM
OT Something for the weekend Alison Dog behavior 0 April 2nd 04 05:15 PM
OT Something for the weekend Alison Dog behavior 0 April 2nd 04 05:15 PM