Amazing Canine Thermometer

Old June 8th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Julia Altshuler

Default Amazing Canine Thermometer

Cubbe would like to report that the single small airconditioned computer
room with the people is not nearly as comfortable as the cement floor at
the bottom of the basement stairs. I was almost worried about her
yesterday when I found her at the usual spot on the couch. Today, she
has remembered where the cool spot is.

Walks have become the bare minimum. Some of us have more trouble with
the heat than others. Some of us have specific troubles with ozone
pollution that make us take drugs and sleep a lot. Others of us are
furry. All are boneless.

--Lia

Old June 8th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Julia Altshuler said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Cubbe would like to report that the single small
airconditioned computer room with the people is not nearly
as comfortable as the cement floor at the bottom of the
basement stairs. I was almost worried about her yesterday
when I found her at the usual spot on the couch. Today,
she has remembered where the cool spot is.

Good ol' Murphy, who generally disliked the stairs to the
basement, started heading down there after returning from walks
on hot days. That's when I realised she was being pushed past
her comfort point.

Cubbe going to her usual spot is probably a good thing.

Old June 8th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

In article ,
Julia Altshuler wrote:

Walks have become the bare minimum. Some of us have more trouble with
the heat than others. Some of us have specific troubles with ozone
pollution that make us take drugs and sleep a lot. Others of us are
furry. All are boneless.

I see you have a webcam pointed at my house. There is much to do here
to get ready for a houseguest on Wednesday but no energy to actually
accomplish anything.

The flatness of the dog is proportional to the temperature.
--
Kevin Michael Vail | Dogbert: That's circular reasoning.
Old June 8th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Kevin Michael Vail wrote:
The flatness of the dog is proportional to the temperature.

And their coatiness.

Eight flat dogs, here. Jack has commandeered the spot in
front of the door that BLOCKS THE BREEZE. Lies like this
for hours at a time:

http://picasaweb.google.com/melinda....27935810259442

Old June 8th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-06-08 13:54:21 -0400, Julia Altshuler said:

Some of us have more trouble with the heat than others.

CaribBean loves the hot weather and playing in the sun! I won't let her
do that, though. Inside (small air conditioner + fan), both dogs are
fur puddles...

Old June 9th 08, 08:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
. ..
Cubbe would like to report that the single small airconditioned computer
room with the people is not nearly as comfortable as the cement floor at
the bottom of the basement stairs.

I'm thinking you all should sleep at the bottom of the stairs.

I think though, that it was you who once told me the trick about hanging up
the wet sheet in front of the fan - this was helpful on the 109 degree day
in australia!

Old June 9th 08, 08:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
Kevin Michael Vail wrote:
The flatness of the dog is proportional to the temperature.

And their coatiness.

Eight flat dogs, here. Jack has commandeered the spot in
front of the door that BLOCKS THE BREEZE. Lies like this
for hours at a time:

http://picasaweb.google.com/melinda....27935810259442

ROFLMAO, this picture reminded me of Kavik who, on the hottest nights, would
lie on his back directly in front of the fan with his junk on the breezemost
side. We didn't mind the junk airing, just the fan blocking but eventually
we put a fan up for him and one for everyone else.

Amazing dog Marcel Beaudoin Dog behavior 2 November 24th 05 05:42 PM
amazing. culprit Dog behavior 24 February 15th 05 02:30 PM
absolutely amazing Diana Dog behavior 0 September 2nd 04 12:25 PM
Amazing dog story Gwen Watson Dog behavior 11 December 12th 03 03:20 PM