Dogs watching deer video

Old June 8th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Dogs watching deer video

[]
'Cause it's just too hot to do anything that involves
physical movement. That stupid deer was out there at least
1/2 hour. I'm pretty sure it's the same one that Eclipse
surprised when she was helping me weed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETJNX7OZS_s

Old June 9th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
(Melinda Shore) wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETJNX7OZS_s

It is definitely too hot for much of anything. Deer are weird.

Still, I had classes yesterday morning (first day at a new location!)
and then spent the day in the pool. Marcie and I went off field
training this morning, then we (DH and I) took the in-laws to brunch,
THEN back home to spend time in the pool. DH spent the day mowing the
lawn, hanging a drywall ceiling in the shed and using the pool to cool
off in between. Tomorrow is another "inside in AC or in the pool" day,
but I have a week one class tomorrow as well. Debating whether to hold
it or not. No dogs week 1, but no AC in the little building I use
either. Part of me just wants to get it over with, but part says 101
degrees is insane for anything.

--
Janet Boss
Old June 9th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
DH spent the day mowing the
lawn, hanging a drywall ceiling in the shed and using the pool to cool
off in between.

He's way tougher than me. I spent the morning working
outside but by noon I'd had enough. The dogs, of course,
are flat flat flat flat flat flat flat and flat.

Old June 9th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Janet Boss said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Tomorrow is another "inside in AC or in the pool" day,
but I have a week one class tomorrow as well. Debating
whether to hold it or not. No dogs week 1, but no AC in
the little building I use either.

Twice in 5 years I've cancelled classes because of spring rain
flooding and winter white-out snow. It's a pain in the ass
phoning about 30 students, but my rule of thumb is: Would I want
to drive there / Would I want my dog in a class with this
weather?

Old June 9th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
[]
'Cause it's just too hot to do anything that involves
physical movement. That stupid deer was out there at least
1/2 hour. I'm pretty sure it's the same one that Eclipse
surprised when she was helping me weed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETJNX7OZS_s

LOL i read this as the dogs were watching a video of deer to entertain them.
i'm amused.

Did the dogs woowoo for the entire 1/2 hour My boys would have lost their
freaking minds.

Old June 9th 08, 11:12 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Terri wrote:

I've been listening to everyone talk about the heat but,
and I'll probably regret saying this:
WHAT HEAT?

I'm shocked to say it, but yeah. It was hot and muggy this weekend.
Finally. It's been a long, cold spring, which has been Teh
Awesome for me, but not so much for growing stuff. The flowers I
planted from seed never germinated, because it wasn't warm or sunny
enough.

Harriet approves of the recent warm weather, though, and I have to
say, for the first time in a *long* time, I've kind of enjoyed just
sitting outside and baking a little bit.

The only thing growing well here is the tick population.

Eeeew! I was out in the country over Memorial Day weekend, which is
usually when the ticks population explodiates 'round here. I was
kind of anxious (have I mentioned how much I *hate* ticks?). It was
too cold for ticks, even.

I put The Stuff on both dogs when I found 3 on Carmine.
I later found three more in the house looking for another host
so it's a twice daily tick inspection around here.

Amitraz collars.

--
Shelly
Old June 9th 08, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ions,
Beth In Alaska wrote:
Did the dogs woowoo for the entire 1/2 hour

They carried on for a bit but then settled down to watch,
with Crow occasionally letting out a burble. Don't you get
moose and whatnot in your yard? I just saw in the ADN about
a bear being removed from within the city limits.

Old June 9th 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

In article ,
Terri wrote:

I've been listening to everyone talk about the heat but,
and I'll probably regret saying this:
WHAT HEAT? The only thing growing well here is the tick population.
I put The Stuff on both dogs when I found 3 on Carmine.
I later found three more in the house looking for another host
so it's a twice daily tick inspection around here.

Tomorrow is supposed to be our highest temperature in 3 weeks:

77F
Tuesday?
Back down to 61F followed by 67F.

It's already 80 outside (heat index 82) and supposed to go up to 100
real temperature today (heat index: hell). I will trade you, except for
the ticks.
--
Kevin Michael Vail* * | I would rather have a mind opened by wonder
* * * | than one closed by belief. * -- Gerry Spence
Old June 9th 08, 12:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Terri wrote:

WHAT HEAT?

101 just doesn't do it for me! The pool feels great, and the AC is
doing its job. I swear I'd have to go to a hotel otherwise.

--
Janet Boss