Dogs and pizza

Old June 24th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Default Dogs and pizza

You know that you deal with dogs too much when:

1. The pizza guy comes up from the street and is obviously
nervous about the dogs on the porch. You send them inside the
house but the pizza guy is still hesitant. The first words out
of your mouth is a high-pitched "It's OK, c'mon, c'mon."

Old June 24th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

In article ,
Rocky wrote:

You know that you deal with dogs too much when:

1. The pizza guy comes up from the street and is obviously
nervous about the dogs on the porch. You send them inside the
house but the pizza guy is still hesitant. The first words out
of your mouth is a high-pitched "It's OK, c'mon, c'mon."

LOL! I hope you didn't try to offer him a biscuit next...
--
Bright eyes/burning like fire, * * * * * | Kevin Michael Vail
Bright eyes/how can you close and fail?* |
Old June 24th 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Kevin Michael Vail wrote:

LOL! I hope you didn't try to offer him a biscuit next...

Or an ear rub.

--
Shelly
Old June 24th 08, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Julia Altshuler

Shelly wrote:
Kevin Michael Vail wrote:

LOL! I hope you didn't try to offer him a biscuit next...

Or an ear rub.

Actually, I kinda like the ear rub idea.

--Lia

Old June 24th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mark Shaw

Shelly wrote:
Kevin Michael Vail wrote:

LOL! I hope you didn't try to offer him a biscuit next...

Or an ear rub.

Or a butt-scritching.

--
Mark Shaw (And Baron) moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
Old June 24th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Rocky wrote:

You know that you deal with dogs too much when:

1. The pizza guy comes up from the street and is obviously
nervous about the dogs on the porch. You send them inside the
house but the pizza guy is still hesitant. The first words out
of your mouth is a high-pitched "It's OK, c'mon, c'mon."

2. When you're substitute teaching in a kindergarten class and you try
to coax a shy child over by making kissy noises.

Old June 24th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"Rocky" wrote in message
You know that you deal with dogs too much when:

1. The pizza guy comes up from the street and is obviously
nervous about the dogs on the porch. You send them inside the
house but the pizza guy is still hesitant. The first words out
of your mouth is a high-pitched "It's OK, c'mon, c'mon."

LOL, I noticed that after I had my first baby and spoke in one word
commands. "Sit, No, Stop" I remember one day, sitting back and thinking,
'wait a minute, this doesn't sound *good* at all." ;-) I was young,
just turned 19, with no role-model to follow. Luckily even I knew that
didn't sound right. ;-)

td

Old June 24th 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Kathleen said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

You know that you deal with dogs too much when:

1. The pizza guy comes up from the street and is
obviously nervous about the dogs on the porch. You send
them inside the house but the pizza guy is still hesitant.
The first words out of your mouth is a high-pitched "It's
OK, c'mon, c'mon."

2. When you're substitute teaching in a kindergarten class
and you try to coax a shy child over by making kissy
noises.

3. And then give that shy child a scratch behind the ears and a
chin rub. "There's a good girl!"

Old June 24th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Rocky wrote:
Kathleen said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

You know that you deal with dogs too much when:

1. The pizza guy comes up from the street and is
obviously nervous about the dogs on the porch. You send
them inside the house but the pizza guy is still hesitant.
The first words out of your mouth is a high-pitched "It's
OK, c'mon, c'mon."

2. When you're substitute teaching in a kindergarten class
and you try to coax a shy child over by making kissy
noises.

3. And then give that shy child a scratch behind the ears and a
chin rub. "There's a good girl!"

Unfortunately, given today's paranoid climate any physical contact is
strongly discouraged. This means refraining from wearing Chanel No. 5
or chewing cinnamon gum. These aromatics are like catnip to
kindergarteners, who will literally try to crawl onto your lap to sniff
them.

Similarly, during winter one should refrain from wearing soft fleecy 100
weight polartec tunics, which encourage face-rubbing hugs that leave
crusty nose prints at about waist level.

Old June 25th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kat

"Kathleen" wrote in message
Rocky wrote:
Kathleen said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

[...]

lol or even something like wearing toenail polish. My daughter had a boy in
her class who had a foot fetish.

Kathy