Another Furminator convert

Old June 25th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

Default Another Furminator convert

As mentioned in the previous thread, I've been contemplating the
Furminator for some time, and was quite seriously considering taking Janet
up on her offer of letting me give hers a "test run" on Morag.

So anyways... I happened to stop by PetsMart last night for cat food,
passed the grooming display on the way to the register (it's near the cat
adoption center, and I like to look at the kittens), and decided to check
out their prices on the Furminators. Lo and behold, what did I spot but a
medium one which had clearly been returned, and was only taped closed....

Yup, you guessed it - I popped it out of the package, ran it over Ms. Mw
twice, and.... WOW!! Two light strokes, and a *huge* amount of hair came
easily out. SOLD, despite the hefty price tag!

After an actual grooming session today, I am even more sold... NO outer coat
damage, tons of inner wool taken out with minimal fussing from Ms.
Princess-and-the-Pea.... plus, it works on Brenin too, taking out more hair,
and faster, than the shedding-blade scraper.
In fact, I am SO sold that a portion of my "economic stimulus" check
(recieved yesterday) is now earmarked for the small one, which I think will
work better on her legs, which have short plushy fur and are eeny-weeny in
diameter... and of course will also be the appropriate size for trying on
the cats. :-D

Old June 25th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

I wrote:

...... the small one, which I think will
work better on her legs, which have short plushy fur and are eeny-weeny in
diameter... and of course will also be the appropriate size for trying on
the cats.

Hm. That parses oddly... no, I'm not going to try Mw's legs on the cats. :-O

Old June 25th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-06-24 21:36:56 -0400, "sionnach" said:

I am SO sold that a portion of my "economic stimulus" check
(recieved yesterday) is now earmarked for the small one

Check eBay first!

Old June 25th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

On 2008-06-24 21:36:56 -0400, "sionnach" said:

I am SO sold that a portion of my "economic stimulus" check
(recieved yesterday) is now earmarked for the small one

Check eBay first!

I see what you mean - they're about 2/3 the price of PetsMart, even with
shipping calculated in. Oh well - the extra amount I paid for the medium
was worth it, since we've got a competition this Saturday and I want to get
Mw all shed out before that for the sake of coolth.

Old June 26th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

sionnach wrote:

Yup, you guessed it - I popped it out of the package, ran it over Ms. Mw
twice, and.... WOW!! Two light strokes, and a *huge* amount of hair came
easily out. SOLD, despite the hefty price tag!

Amazing, isn't it?

and of course will also be the appropriate size for trying on
the cats. :-D

I'm considering getting one for Pandora. It seems like a lot of
money to spend on a cat whose days are seriously numbered, but at
the same time, it will make grooming significantly easier and
quicker. And I can always donate it to the shelter when I'm done
with it, I guess.

--
Shelly
Old June 26th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Suja wrote:

OR get that uppy-tailed doggie you've been wanting.

Dear Miss Suja,

We have reviewed your suggestion and have the following response:
Hell, no.

Sincerely,
Miss Brown

Old June 26th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Shelly" wrote in message:

Sincerely,
Miss Brown

You're gonna let the nubby tailed dog push you around? I would strongly
recommend that you tsk her at every turn and poke her on her neck just like
her momma would've.

Hope that helps!

Suja

Old June 26th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Suja wrote:

You're gonna let the nubby tailed dog push you around?

On this? Yeah. She's just not thrilled with sharing her space, and
I'm okay with that.

I would strongly
recommend that you tsk her at every turn and poke her on her neck just like
her momma would've.

You forgot the alpha roll! (Personally, I visualize a large,
assertive cinnamon bun. YMMV.)

--
Shelly
Old June 26th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Shelly" wrote in message:

On this? Yeah. She's just not thrilled with sharing her space, and
I'm okay with that.

I give up. You're being totally umm... reasonable!

Suja