Question

Old June 27th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
~shady angel~[_2_]

Default Question

I run a small business of walking and washing dogs in our town I had a call
from a guy yesterday about his dog,
They got a ring from the council as his dog is barking while he's at work,
He's wondering if 3 days a week, hour walks might fix this problem. What is
any ones advice on this?
Thanks
--
~shady angel~

Old June 27th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"~shady angel~" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

I run a small business of walking and washing dogs in our town I had a
call from a guy yesterday about his dog,
They got a ring from the council as his dog is barking while he's at
work, He's wondering if 3 days a week, hour walks might fix this
problem. What is any ones advice on this?
Thanks

I don't know if it will fix it, but it certainly won't hurt. I think it's one
option in a multi-pronged attack. Separation anxiety is a tough nut to
crack. Walking multi-x-per-day is a good start
Old June 27th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

"~shady angel~" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I run a small business of walking and washing dogs in our
town I had a call from a guy yesterday about his dog,
They got a ring from the council as his dog is barking
while he's at work, He's wondering if 3 days a week, hour
walks might fix this problem. What is any ones advice on
this?

It won't fix it, but it can't but help. For the time being,
the guy should get up an hour earlier than he usually does and
take his dog for a good long tiring walk. Off leash is best,
but there are many reasons why that may not be possible.

The walk he pays you for should be later in the day, timed to
when Fido's energy is going after waking from his first long
walk. Don't fall into the "it's got to be the middle of the
day" fallacy. If owner takes Fido out for a long walk from 6
to 7 am, Fido will probably sleep from 7 am to 10 am. An hour
walk after this will probably leave Fido settled for the
remainder of the day.

Truthfully, and good from a business standpoint, tell the
owner that he should use your services every day for a few
weeks and assess after that. What do you charge?

Old June 28th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
~shady angel~[_2_]

diddy wrote:
"~shady angel~" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

I run a small business of walking and washing dogs in our town I had
a call from a guy yesterday about his dog,
They got a ring from the council as his dog is barking while he's at
work, He's wondering if 3 days a week, hour walks might fix this
problem. What is any ones advice on this?
Thanks

I don't know if it will fix it, but it certainly won't hurt. I think
it's one option in a multi-pronged attack. Separation anxiety is a
tough nut to crack. Walking multi-x-per-day is a good start

Yes I thought it would be Separation Anxiety I mentioned this to the guy he
didn't know what I was talking about.
--
~shady angel~

Old June 28th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
~shady angel~[_2_]

Rocky wrote:
"~shady angel~" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

[...]

$10 NZ an hour and an hours walk is 7 km.
--
~shady angel~

Old June 28th 08, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
~shady angel~[_2_]

Rocky wrote:
"~shady angel~" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

[...]