Breaking News...

Old June 27th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

Default Breaking News...

Khan has big feets.

I ordered some dog booties for him, and when I took the measurement, his
front feet came in at 3" wide (at the widest point).

We had a bandage change yesterday, and the stitches are holding. The vet
thinks he will be hike ready (with foot protection), but we'll know more
after the next bandage change.

Suja

Old June 27th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-06-27 12:40:32 -0400, "Suja" said:

his
front feet came in at 3" wide (at the widest point).

That's some good sized feets!

Old June 27th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"montana wildhack" wrote in message:

That's some good sized feets!

Among the top 3 comments we get. The others being

1. He's HUGE!

2. He's so furry.

I find it funny that his foot's wider than my palm.

Suja

Old June 27th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Terri" wrote in message:

Big feets, big shoes!

Poor boy will put up with anything, but I doubt he's going to be happy about
it. We'll just have to be prepared to take the shoes off during stream
crossings. And pray like hell that it doesn't rain (although the 10 day
forecast calls for rain on the day we're going, which could turn our stream
crossings into this: http://www.hikesite.com/crossing.jpg or worse). I
don't know what we'll do if the water is deep, 'cause Khan generally refuses
to get into deep water and Pan isn't too thrilled about the idea either,
although she'll do what it takes to stay with me.

Is he milking it for all he's worth?

No drama, thankfully. I feel bad for him, hobbling around, and give him
extra love (no extra goodies, 'cause he's exercise restricted, and we don't
need him to gain any weight). He does extra cookies at the vet because the
vets/techs just love him. He's about as easy a dog patient as they're
likely to see.

Suja

Old June 27th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Suja" wrote:

I find it funny that his foot's wider than my palm.

I was *about* to say "your palm isn't 3" wide?" and low and behold, mine
isn't either! I have long (but not very wide apparently) hands. Now I
have to measure paws.

--
Janet Boss
Old June 29th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
"Suja" wrote:

I find it funny that his foot's wider than my palm.

I was *about* to say "your palm isn't 3" wide?" and low and behold, mine
isn't either! I have long (but not very wide apparently) hands. Now I
have to measure paws.

Heh heh, I had to try it to... I'm exactly three inches across and seven
inches long, from the first wrist wrinkle to the tip of my middle finger.
Kiba's paws are considerably smaller... LOL
--
Phyrie
Kiba the Cav's Pics:

Old June 29th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Phyrie wrote:
"Janet Boss" wrote in message
"Suja" wrote:

I find it funny that his foot's wider than my palm.

I was *about* to say "your palm isn't 3" wide?" and low and behold, mine
isn't either! I have long (but not very wide apparently) hands. Now I
have to measure paws.

Heh heh, I had to try it to... I'm exactly three inches across and seven
inches long, from the first wrist wrinkle to the tip of my middle finger.
Kiba's paws are considerably smaller... LOL

Mine are wider and shorter - 3.5" wide (at thumb notch) x 6.75"
long. Oppie's paws are about 3" long by 2.5" wide.

FurPaw

--
The plural of anecdote is not proof.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old June 30th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article RiS9k.844$1o6.544@edtnps83,
"Phyrie" wrote:

I'm exactly three inches across and seven
inches long, from the first wrist wrinkle to the tip of my middle finger.

2 6/8" x 7 7/8" here.

--
Janet Boss
Old June 30th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Suja" wrote:

Just for the heck of it, I measured my right hand (I'm
right handed), and wouldn't you know it, those measurements are different -
2 7/8 x 6 1/2".

3 1/8" and 7 3/4" here. I'm right handed as well. How weird that the
hand is shorter and wider!

--
Janet Boss
Old June 30th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Janet Boss" wrote in message:

2 6/8" x 7 7/8" here.

2 3/4" x 6 5/8". Just for the heck of it, I measured my right hand (I'm