Separation anxiety and crate training now

Old July 5th 08, 08:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.pets.dogs.pitbull,alt.pets.dogs.labrador,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
Bad Puppy

Default Separation anxiety and crate training now

HOWEDY victek,

"Victek" wrote in message
We've observed him through the window when we come
home and before he sees us he appears peaceful. We'd
have to setup a video camera to really know how he's handling it when
we're not there.

OK. Still, I'd say he doesn't really suffer from SA.

Of curse not~! And besides, separation anXXXIHOWESNESS
can be EXXXTINGUISHED NEARLY INSTANTLY if you
know HOWE, AS EVIDENCED in the DOZENS of POSTED
CASE HISTORIES I've provided for you, victek {}': ~ )

He calms himself and that is a good thing!

UNLESS of curse, he's "COLLAPSING INWARDS" an goin
CATATONIC on accHOWENTA he's locked in a box {}: ~ (

His behavior changes when he see us and we do understand
that our response is a factor. We show him we're happy to
see him, but we ignore the whining.

Of curse. An THEN you WONder HOWE
COME your dog is GOIN INSANE?:

Sam Corson, Pavlov's Last Student Demonstrated At UofOH,
That Rehabilitation Of Hyperactive Dogs Can Easily And
Readily Be Done Using TLC. Tender Loving Care Is At The
Root Of The Scientific Management Of Doggies.

I would discontinue "happy to see him"

Of curse she would~! An then janet would JERK
CHOKE SHOCK and INTIMIDATE him {}: ~ )

LIKE THIS:

"Loop the lead (it's basically a GIANT nylon or leather
choke collar) over his snarly little head, and give him a
stern correction" --Janet Boss
http://tinyurl.com/5m6ppt

"J1Boss" wrote in message

He was next to me and I could see his neck
muscles pulsing. He didn't even blink an eye.
Janet Boss

"sionnach" wrote in message

"J1Boss" wrote in message
I can't imagine needing anything higher than a 5 with it,
even with an insensitive dog like a Lab.

An INSENSITIVE DOG???

I can't remember what model of Innotek I have, but I had a pointer
ignore a neck-muscle-pulsing 9.

Do you think the citronella collar is CRUEL
cause the SMELL LINGERS after the dog's
been sprayed in the face and the dog won't
know HOWE COME IT was MACED?

janet CONtinues:
My dogs are not human children wearing fur- they are DOGS.
I don't have anything against electronic bark collars, but they should
be used in conjunction with actually working at training
your dog(s).

They're DUMB ANIMALS these MENTALLY ILL LYING
DOG ABUSERS HURT INTIMIDATE and MURDER.

-------------------

"J1Boss" wrote in message
On 6 Feb 2006 17:41:08 GMT, Mary Healey
,
clicked their heels and said:

Does that include tone of voice? Some tools are easier
to ban than others.

yes - screaming banshees are told to shut up! And I
always have to remind spouses that they may NOT do the
"honey - you're supposed to be doing it like THIS"......
--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

========

until you've been home for a bit and only after he has
calmed with you ignoring him. You can say hello,
take him out, but I wouldn't give him any further attention until he's
calm.

Of curse not~! Other than, of curse, to JERK CHOKE
SHOCK and INTIMIDATE him some more {}: ~ )

It made a noticeable difference when I understood
this and stopped trying to console him,

Oh, INDEEDY~! THAT'S HOWE COME victek's
hyperactive dog AIN'T GOT NO MORE PROBLEM~!

which only made the acting out worse.

Well, it ain't botherin the dog, it only upsets victek {}: ~ (

Yep. It may take some time for him to forget
that pattern though, so just be patient!

Yeah. That's what we call CLASSICAL CONDITIONING {}: ~ )

Apart from this issue the dog is well adjusted.

Of curse~! Other than when victek leaves his
HOWES and locks IT in a box {}: ~ (

He doesn't have "accidents" in the house and he's
calm and happy as long as he can be around us.

UNLESS of curse, victek has been HOWET {}: ~ (

Perfectly reasonable behavior for a dog knew to you!

Yeah. Who "knew" dogs GO INSANE when behavin perfectly reasonable??

The goal is to be able to leave him in our front patio (so he can
relieve himself if necessary) and trust that he won't bark constantly
and destroy things,

Hey victek? Don't THAT sound like separation anXXXIHOWESNESS?

but we don't know how to move forward.

Well then, victek, you're in EXXXCELLENT company~!

AIN'T YOU {}: ~ (

I don't recommend leaving dogs outdoors when nobody is home,

On accHOWENTA janet COOKED HER DEAD DOG
Toby COOKED in 104F heat when janet COULDN'T
MAKE IT come inside when she had to leave to go to work:

From: J1Boss )
Subject: Sudden Doggie Death, please help!

From: (Leslie W. Rodriguez)
I am desperately searching the web trying to help me
find out why my 1 yr oldlab died all of the sudden yesterday.

Sounds like heat stroke. Why was she outside in that kind of heat?

It does. My lab mix died 13 years ago in 104 degree heat.

I felt very guilty that I didn't come home just 1/2 hour
earlier from work to MAKE him come in from the heat. He
did have that choice though. He could have been indoors
in air conditioning via a dog door, but chose to be outside
in that brutal heat.

My neighbor said he was barking at a passerby just 1/2 hour
before I came home (a favorite activity). It was a horrible
day, but had he been alive and in distress when I came home,
I would have stopped passing cars if I hadn't been able to
lift him myself, if it meant getting him to the vet to LIVE!

snip idiocy

Rule of thumb - never own a dog you can't lift
or figure out how to lift. Life may depend on it.

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"

janet COULDN'T get her dog to come inside pryor to
leavin for work that mornin. The dog HAD NO CHOICE
but to stay HOWET in the heat {}: ~ (

unless there is a VERY secure and bad-guy proof enclosure, shelter, etc.,
AND you know your dog
isn't disturbing anyone. That's a lot to do.

Yeah. Especially when janet's DEAD DOG Lindsey
ESCAPED her "bad-guy proof enclosure" an GOT
RUN DHOWEN by a passin car.

LIKE THIS:

From: J1Boss )
Subject: Allstate won't insure my house due to dangerous breed
Date: 1999/01/11

My homeowner's policy DID pay over $2300 to cover
automobile damage for the person who killed my dog
recently.

My rates don't change, I'm not dropped,
my dogs weren't questioned.

Perhaps there is more to the "judgement" criteria than meets the eye.

Janet BossBR
Best Friends Dog ObedienceBR
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"

"Read your question for the obvious answer"

My insurance company paid over $2300 to fix someone's
car after my dog was hit and killed. If the car had hit a deer,
the car owner's insurance would have had to pay. The leash
law in my county meant that even without INTENTIONAL off leash
circumstances, the car driver had a right to compensation from
my homeowner's insurance, even though he was very much speeding.
Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

There you were bragging to somebody else about how good your
allstate insurance was. That your rates didn't change, even though
you paid somebody $2300 for killing your dog.

You were happy about that.

Happy you didn't have to pay for it out of your own pocket.
Feelin' pretty good about yourself and your choice in insurers.

You were happy your rates didn't change. You were happy you
weren't dropped. You were happy your (remaining) dogs weren't
"questioned" by your all powerful insurance company which you
work so hard to remain in good favor of.

Janet Boss

Nice surgery for the Family Pet due to Incompetent
training Run over my dog and I'll pay you.

have a nice day starving your dogs so people will
think you are a "responsible" dog owner.

Janet.
--
this is michael
reporting live...

http://dogtv.com
http://changethemuzzle.com

-------------------------

Perhaps THAT'S HOWE COME janet PREFERS a nice SHOCK FENCE?

Point taken.

INDEEDY {}: ~ )

Can you suggest a better arrangement(s) given our circumstances, which I
would think are quite common?

Yeah. You MIGHT wanna HIRE a DOGGY
WALKER like janet's PARTNER, sinofabitch:

Here's janet's PARTNER:

"The actual quote is misleading when taken out of context,"

sinofabitch writes:
What I have said- repeatedly - is that he
took posts from two different people,

No, there was ONLY WON quote.

took pieces of them out of context,

Of curse. QUOTED. You wanna see it in context?

cobbled them together,

No. There was WON DIRECT QUOTE.

then added his own words:

"Neatly," and "Smartly."

and a fake signature.

"sinofabitch" instead of sionnach.

Which is exactly what he did.

INDEEDY. That's HOWE COME you deny it.

The actual quote is misleading

That so?

when taken out of context,

We'd been talkin abHOWET beatin the dog with a shoe...

and Jerry's faked "quote"

The WON sinofabitch totally DENIES.

is downright meaningless.

Only if you're a MENTAL CASE.

Here's Jerry's version

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My
Right Arm Over The Lab's Shoulder,
Grabbed Her Opposite Foot With My
Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
Leaned On Her, Smartly Growled Into
Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!" And
Neatly Nipped Her Ear," sinofabitch.

Here's yours:

"I dropped the leash, threw my
right arm over the Lab's shoulder,
grabbed her opposite foot with my
left hand, rolled her on her side,
leaned on her, said "GRRRR!" and
nipped her ear.
--Sara Sionnach

"The actual quote is misleading when taken out of context"

See?

Well victek, NHOWE YOU KNOW that *ONLY*
LIARS DOG ABUSERS COWARDS and ACTIVE
ACUTE CHRONIC LIFE-LONG INCURABLE
Malignant MaliciHOWES MENTAL CASES post
their LIES IDIOCY INSANITY and ABUSE here.

You're in EXXXCELLENT company {}: ~ )

AIN'T YOU.

WELCOME~!