Life at my house

Old July 7th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Life at my house

[]
http://picasaweb.google.com/melinda.shore/CoatBlow

Old July 7th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Melinda Shore wrote:
[]
http://picasaweb.google.com/melinda.shore/CoatBlow

Wow! Now Jack, he's just saving it all up for next summer.

Here's what I don't get about blowing coat: why don't they blow
it all in the spring, so that they can get through the summer
more comfortably?

FurPaw

--
The plural of anecdote is not proof.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old July 7th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-07-07 09:59:25 -0400, (Melinda Shore) said:

[]
http://picasaweb.google.com/melinda.shore/CoatBlow

I think the Cinder pic says it all...

Old July 7th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
FurPaw wrote:
Wow! Now Jack, he's just saving it all up for next summer.

He had his first puppy coat blow last month and it was small
and over with quickly. By next summer he's going to have
undercoat exploding off him like his aunties.

Here's what I don't get about blowing coat: why don't they blow
it all in the spring, so that they can get through the summer
more comfortably?

I have absolutely no idea what triggers coat blows. Well,
that's not exactly true - they blow coat when fresh
undercoat starts coming in. But I don't know what triggers
the undercoat growth. With horses it's pretty clear but the
dogs seem to be kind of random. We had a very hot week
about a month ago and that may have set them off, but I
don't know. They'll do it again in the fall or early
winter, probably. This is the first time I've had so many
blow coat at the same time - usually it's serial coat
blowing, which lacks the intensity of what's going on at the
moment but just goes on and on and on and on and on.

Old July 7th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Melinda Shore wrote:
[]
http://picasaweb.google.com/melinda.shore/CoatBlow

Wow. Just, *wow*. I can't imagine dealing with that x8. Just one,
though? Their coats are short enough and the blowing hummense
enough that it might be weirdly rewarding to groom *a* Sibe.

--
Shelly
Old July 7th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Shelly wrote:
Wow. Just, *wow*. I can't imagine dealing with that x8. Just one,
though? Their coats are short enough and the blowing hummense
enough that it might be weirdly rewarding to groom *a* Sibe.

If you can stay on top of it (and in some cases you really
can't [I'm looking at you, Emmett, Saber, and Cinder]) you
get these dogs with the oddly sculpted but somehow
attractive coats. Sort of along the lines of Cinder's butt
at the time the photo was taken.

Old July 7th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Melinda Shore wrote:

If you can stay on top of it (and in some cases you really
can't [I'm looking at you, Emmett, Saber, and Cinder]) you
get these dogs with the oddly sculpted but somehow
attractive coats.

This strikes me as something that mushers could turn into an
off-season competition.

Sort of along the lines of Cinder's butt
at the time the photo was taken.

The butthawk is definitely my, um, favorite.

--
Shelly
Old July 7th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-07-07 10:41:35 -0400, Shelly said:

The butthawk is definitely my, um, favorite.

It has that fashionable pelt quality to it...

Old July 7th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Shelly wrote:
The butthawk is definitely my, um, favorite.

I should probably try to get a photo of Emmett's
buttmullet. It's a veritable universe of butt-dos here in
scenic Enfield.

Old July 7th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
(Melinda Shore) wrote:

[]
http://picasaweb.google.com/melinda.shore/CoatBlow

Holy crap! I feel so "unhairy" now!

--
Janet Boss

New cocker spaniel puppy in house- House Training BruceR817 Dog behavior 8 February 18th 08 04:01 AM
the AIM of LIFE . algaga Dog behavior 1 October 27th 07 05:43 PM
Life keeps going (and going, and going, and going) Marie Dog behavior 10 August 12th 03 07:19 AM