Tom Cat won't breed with in-season queen!??

Old July 8th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cybercat

Default Tom Cat won't breed with in-season queen!??

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote:

very
progbably contributing to that shelter population with his breeding
practices - all breeders do which is one of the reasons millions of
healthy
cats are put to death every year in the US alone.

Really? Shelters are full of responsibly bred dogs and cats? Your
"data" seems non-existent. That's AR for ya. So sorry that it's alive
and thriving on ignorance.

To the OP - you need some closer mentors for advice. Public forums are
likely to bring some pretty harsh criticism. I have no way of knowing
how responsible a breeder you are. I support responsible breeding of
cats and dogs, and shun irresponsible breeding. I am confused by those
who actually support the irresponsible by not going after the real
problems, but bitch about purebred breeding instead.

--

It is my understanding that there are a few folks who have problems with
the way you treat dogs, too.

Old July 8th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"cybercat" spoke these words of wisdom in news:g50e54
:

It is my understanding that there are a few folks who have problems with

the way you treat dogs, too.

Crackpots..but not sensible people.But then, I figure you are a troll, or you
wouldn't be trolling a dog group.
cross posts snipped.
Old July 8th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article , diddy none
wrote:

Crackpots..but not sensible people.But then, I figure you are a troll, or you
wouldn't be trolling a dog group.

Yes, she didn't like my opinion on someone breeding purebred cats, so
she's decided to crosspost all of her responses to me now. Sorry - I
shouldn't go to the whacko cat group. I just hated the AR crap they
were all spewing at the OP.

--
Janet Boss
Old July 8th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
Yes, she didn't like my opinion on someone breeding purebred cats, so
she's decided to crosspost all of her responses to me now. Sorry - I
shouldn't go to the whacko cat group. I just hated the AR crap they
were all spewing at the OP.

Well, there's a reason that the cats newsgroups were the
birthplace of Usenet trolling. All that cutesy crap makes
me gag.

Anyway, way back then it was sort of a standard joke in
soc.motss that I had a moron magnet. Between this lunatic,
the aol dog behavior group idiots, and Paul, it appears that
you've got the moron magnet for the dog and cat newsgroups.
And the thing about the moron magnet is that once you've got
it it's really, really hard to get rid of it.

Old July 8th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Janet Boss spoke these words of wisdom
in :

In article , diddy none
wrote:

Crackpots..but not sensible people.But then, I figure you are a troll,
or you wouldn't be trolling a dog group.

Yes, she didn't like my opinion on someone breeding purebred cats, so
she's decided to crosspost all of her responses to me now. Sorry - I
shouldn't go to the whacko cat group. I just hated the AR crap they
were all spewing at the OP.

AR people are such whackos. And they refuse to acknowlege that there are a
hell of a lot of GOOD breeders out there taking great pains to eliminate
the genetic crap, and not over populate.

Speaking of which, I just sent in Tuck's Cardiac OFA and his CERF to be
registered for his breeder.
Bad breeders won't spend $130 each for OFA hips + $15 to enter it in the
database. $30 for OFA Cardiac + $15 to enter it in the database
$130 for OFA thyroid + $15 to enter it in the database
$30 for OFA Patellas + $15 to enter it in the database, $75 for OFA Elbows
+ $15 to enter it in the database
$200 for OFA kidneys + $15 to enter it in the database and $32 for CERF
testing, + $12 to enter it in the database

It adds up. These were all tests requested of me by the breeder as progeny
follow up to insure she's breeding healthy dogs and catches any mistakes,
so it can be eliminated from the gene pool.

You don't see any randomly bred animal having any effort at all to
eliminate genetic defects, nor having progeny tracking.
AR people and anti-purebred people are ignoring what the good breeders are
doing, and through ignorance, lumping all breeders into the same group.
I'd like to know why they think backyard breeders who let their animals
select their own mates with no accountability nor responsibility, and no
contracts to return any unwanted offspring to the breeder are such hot
stuff.

The answer is, they are ignorant
a GOOD breeder is putting NOTHING into the shelters, and breeding animals
that have a lifetime of healthy animals.

I put a dog down two weeks ago at nearly 15, who had never had any more
than routine maintenence her entire life.
Old July 8th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article , diddy none
wrote:

Speaking of which, I just sent in Tuck's Cardiac OFA and his CERF to be
registered for his breeder.
Bad breeders won't spend $130 each for OFA hips + $15 to enter it in the
database. $30 for OFA Cardiac + $15 to enter it in the database
$130 for OFA thyroid + $15 to enter it in the database
$30 for OFA Patellas + $15 to enter it in the database, $75 for OFA Elbows
+ $15 to enter it in the database
$200 for OFA kidneys + $15 to enter it in the database and $32 for CERF
testing, + $12 to enter it in the database

It adds up. These were all tests requested of me by the breeder as progeny
follow up to insure she's breeding healthy dogs and catches any mistakes,
so it can be eliminated from the gene pool.

Yup. Marcie will get the whole deal when she's the right age, as did
Franklin (didn't CERF or kidneys). For my peace of mind and for the
breeder's information, as well as for the information of siblings.
Franklin was not bred, nor was it ever intended, and the same goes for
Marcie. But their littermates were/will be and that information is
important for all.

--
Janet Boss
Old July 8th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
well, they do seem to "stick together"! It is truly amazing that any of
them function in life. Maybe they don't.

Sure - gotta ask: which one do you think is functioning?

Old July 8th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

wrote:

Speaking of which, I just sent in Tuck's Cardiac OFA and his CERF to be
registered for his breeder.
Bad breeders won't spend $130 each for OFA hips + $15 to enter it in
the database. $30 for OFA Cardiac + $15 to enter it in the database
$130 for OFA thyroid + $15 to enter it in the database
$30 for OFA Patellas + $15 to enter it in the database, $75 for OFA
Elbows + $15 to enter it in the database
$200 for OFA kidneys + $15 to enter it in the database and $32 for CERF
testing, + $12 to enter it in the database

It adds up. These were all tests requested of me by the breeder as
progeny follow up to insure she's breeding healthy dogs and catches any
mistakes, so it can be eliminated from the gene pool.

Yup. Marcie will get the whole deal when she's the right age, as did
Franklin (didn't CERF or kidneys). For my peace of mind and for the
breeder's information, as well as for the information of siblings.
Franklin was not bred, nor was it ever intended, and the same goes for
Marcie. But their littermates were/will be and that information is
important for all.

yup. And Tuck has to have all this redone at age 5... per the parent breed
club recommendations. Of course Cerf is done yearly. Yes it's expensive,
but his breeder knew I would do the tests, and report back, which is why
she gave him to me. Obviously health to her takes priority over profit.

But AR lunatics never acknowlege the good breeders at all

(And this is not a small pool of exceptional breeders either. Purebred
breeders of most breeds ARE pooling resources and databanks, and sharing
what they are finding out in efforts to eliminate genetic defects in the
purebred dog. If you get a genetic mess, it's YOUR fault because you
(collectively , not personally) were too stupid to research your breeders
and find out what they are doing about genetic defects. Most likely, you
got your mess from a puppy mill or backyard breeder.