toilet water, etcetera

Old July 9th 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
mike d.

Default toilet water, etcetera

I expend a lot of effort maintaining a water bowl in the kitche for the dog
and cats, with ice, and refrigerated water, etcetera, and then I find the
dog in the bathroom, with his mug in the bowl, lapping the not really clean
and not really cold water .
I expend a lot of effort preparing Lucky's meals, only to have him act
like he can take it or leave it, and then when we are walking outside, he
finds a scrap of bone with meat on it, and he acts like it is delicious .
Mike.

Old July 9th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

mike d. wrote:
I expend a lot of effort maintaining a water bowl in the kitche for the dog
and cats, with ice, and refrigerated water, etcetera, and then I find the
dog in the bathroom, with his mug in the bowl, lapping the not really clean
and not really cold water .
I expend a lot of effort preparing Lucky's meals, only to have him act
like he can take it or leave it, and then when we are walking outside, he
finds a scrap of bone with meat on it, and he acts like it is delicious .
Mike.

1. Put the lid down.
2. Teach him "leave it."

--
Shelly
Old July 9th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Shelly wrote:
mike d. wrote:
I expend a lot of effort maintaining a water bowl in the kitche for
the dog and cats, with ice, and refrigerated water, etcetera, and then
I find the dog in the bathroom, with his mug in the bowl, lapping the
not really clean and not really cold water .
I expend a lot of effort preparing Lucky's meals, only to have him
act like he can take it or leave it, and then when we are walking
outside, he finds a scrap of bone with meat on it, and he acts like it
is delicious . Mike.

Not only that, I'll bet that you go to a pet store and buy
expensive toys for him, only to find that he prefers to play with
sticks and paper towel rolls and empty soda bottles.

1. Put the lid down.

[A toilet-water-drinking dog is the best cure for the "I can't be
bothered to close the lid" syndrome, especially if said dog
likes to bestow kisses on faces.]

2. Teach him "leave it."

3. Save your money - give him empty soda bottles.

FurPaw

--
The plural of anecdote is not proof.

To reply, unleash the dog.

toilet training Jennifer Dog behavior 4 May 30th 05 11:37 AM
toilet training howard richler Dog behavior 0 September 19th 03 07:37 PM