Dumbass Owner!

Old July 11th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

Default Dumbass Owner!

That'd be me.

Although the dogs have shown themselves capable of rummaging around and
eating stuff they aren't supposed to that I've carelessly left lying around
every once in a while, it seems I'm incapable of remembering to put stuff
away.

Latest casualty - a 1 pound log of Natural Balance. Left at the bottom of
an open box, under the bubble wrap and vet wrap, wedged next to the gallon
shampoo bottle, in a plastic cover of its own.

Eater - Pan. We know, 'cause I wondered what was causing her to empty her
water bowl last night, and then of course, ask to go out at 4:00 in the
morning so she could take care of some bizness.

Remedy - Roll up newspaper. Smack self on the head. Bad owner. No cookies
for me.

I really want to blame the dogs. So, I'm going to say that if they were
more consistant about their snooping and eating, I would be better about
putting stuff away.

Suja

Old July 12th 08, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie

"Suja" wrote in message

Remedy - Roll up newspaper. Smack self on the head. Bad owner. No
cookies
for me.

Oh, Suja, I feel for you, I really do. Kiba works for treats. It's his
thing. He will chase the ball for fun, but not more than five or six times
before he starts looking at you, "Where the hell's the treat for all this
work?" I have small buckets of treats in various places... beside my
favourite chair, in the kitchen, on the computer desk and my husband has one
bedside his chair too. I even used to have one in the bathroom when Kiba
was younger and would not let me out of his sight for a single second.
(Hey, every training op is valuable!) Kiba didn't eat for a day the other
day.. not unusual, but still noteworthy. Hubby found the empty treat bucket
hidden in the tall grass in the back of the yard. The little bugger had
eaten enough homemade liver treats and dehydrated heart slices, etc... to
keep him busy for a week! The treat buckets are now UP, UP, UP... Damn, we
are stoopid hoomans...arent' we??
--
Phyrie
Kiba the Cav's Pics:

Dumbass Suja Dog behavior 3 February 22nd 08 03:40 PM
Not a dog owner...yet! [email protected] Dog behavior 3 February 22nd 07 01:50 PM
YOUR A DUMBASS Jokerpit Dog behavior 0 December 15th 03 02:34 AM
YOUR A DUMBASS Jokerpit Dog behavior 0 December 15th 03 02:34 AM
YOUR A DUMBASS Jokerpit Dog behavior 0 December 15th 03 02:34 AM