Sled dogs, anyone?

Old July 13th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

Default Sled dogs, anyone?

I just got this notice from ADOA (American Dog Owners Assn):

Date: Friday, July 11, 2008, 1:16 PM
This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.adoa.org
from:Jane Schramm cheboyganpets at freeway.net
Please help spread the word. I work at the Cheboygan County Humane Society
here in Michigan and we have a sleddog driver that has been informed that
he has to give up 18 of his trained sleddogs because he is not Zoned for a
kennellicence on his property. So on July 22, 08 We have to go in and take
his dogsoff his property. I have contacted various Sleddog groups and have
had some response. After July 22, We have to take them. We euthanize here.
Please E-mail me if you can help us. Thanks Jane

I know some of the people here have sled dogs and maybe live near Michigan.
I wonder about the details, though. Are there zoning restrictions on
obtaining a kennel license, or perhaps a dog fancier license? Could it be a
neighborhood improvement association covenant? I would think a zoning
restriction could be appealed and an exemption granted if there were no
major objections by neighbors.

Paul and Muttley

Old July 14th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]