Noisy little dog

Old July 14th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Default Noisy little dog

"Suja" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

While ELB is away, I'm watching both his dogs. I never realized just
how noisy the Boston Terrier is, and she's not a particularly barky dog.
When she's up and about, she grunts and snuffles When she sleeps, she
snores. Really, really loud. Right now, she's perched on the window
sill, behind the couch, running a commentary on the world, and from the
tone, I take it that they're all ill-behaved stinkers that must be put
in their place. There are grunts and groans, and huffs and puffs.

Between all that and the farts, I'm starting to think that no one's
going to be getting any sleep for the next few days.

Suja

Boston terriers, pugs, Bull dogs, mostly, those traits go hand in hand with
brachocephalic dogs. And it seems as if farts are also a trait of
brachiocephalic dogs. I can't figure out what the front end of the dog's
relationship with the back end really is.

I just don't understand why people decided deforming the dog's noses
through the back of their skulls was a good idea. For myself, and my dogs,
i really think breathing is a good idea.

Old July 14th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"diddy" none wrote in message:

Boston terriers, pugs, Bull dogs, mostly, those traits go hand in hand

with
brachocephalic dogs.

I've been around this dog a lot, but this is the first I've noticed it. I
think it's because this is the first time I've had a quiet house and the dog
at the same time, so it's all really noticable now.

And it seems as if farts are also a trait of
brachiocephalic dogs. I can't figure out what the front end of the dog's
relationship with the back end really is.

I'm going to try a little yogurt to see if it helps. It can't hurt. Even
Khan's farts when we first got him weren't this bad.

I just don't understand why people decided deforming the dog's noses
through the back of their skulls was a good idea. For myself, and my dogs,
i really think breathing is a good idea.

She is a terrific little dog. Very playful, but with an off-switch, smart,
trainable, and overall, great fun. I do agree however that I don't quite
understand why anyone would think it a good idea to develop a dog that can't
breathe properly.

Suja

Old July 14th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

"Suja" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

"diddy" none wrote in message:

Boston terriers, pugs, Bull dogs, mostly, those traits go
hand in hand with brachocephalic dogs.

I've been around this dog a lot, but this is the first I've
noticed it.

Bostons are the least brachocephalic of those breeds and seem to
make much less noise than the others. Bugsy the Boston is *way*
less noisy than Marty the Pug.

They also seem to breathe easier, I know a few very athletic
Bostons who compete at the top of their height class in agility.

I'm going to try a little yogurt to see if it helps.

I carry acidopholous capsules when I'm on the road with my dogs,
they seem to fix up a variety of digestion problems.

Old July 15th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-07-14 15:36:34 -0400, "Suja" said:

Between all that and the farts, I'm starting to think that no one's going to
be getting any sleep for the next few days.

Awww.... well now you're reminding me of the Duchess of Doodle!

I don't miss the farty party at all, though.

We love grumbly dogs, though!

Old July 15th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

diddy wrote:
[...]

I wonder if it's not just a "little dog" thing rather than a
"brachiocephalic" thing. Cooper is a graceful little athlete with a
perfectly functional snout and yet he makes an awful lot of noise, way
more, pound per pound, than the BCs.

He moans, he groans, he sighs, he hoots, he grunts, growls, howls,
gurgles and farts with great gusto. You never have to guess about the
state of his mind or his GI tract.

Since he *will* burrow his way under the blankets with me, regardless of
my feelings on the matter ("You have to fall asleep sometime, and then
you must release your death grip on the top sheet, oh yes...."), he has
broken me of the habit of pulling the covers over my head. Any
incidental benefit from the blockage of minor ambient light sources is
far outweighed by the risk of toxic fume exposure. Throwing a sock over
the DVR player and turning the digital clock to the wall is much safer.

Old July 16th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
dejablues[_2_]

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
[...]

All that grunting and snorting and gulping means they are sucking in air,
and it has to come out someplace!
If not a belch, than a fart.

Old July 16th 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
dejablues[_2_]

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
I can't figure out what the front end of the dog's
relationship with the back end really is.

Thinking about it further, that's why you take a puppy out to eliminate soon
after it eats - " in one end and out the other"? Dogs have a short , fast
digestive system , and whether food or air, it goes in the front and comes
out the rear.
Kind of like my husband - LOL!

Old July 16th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Suja" wrote in message

So, now she sleeps on top of the covers,
and I just put a blankie on her, so she can burrow under that all she
wants.

This is the solution that Harriet and I have settled on. It works very
nicely.

--
Shelly

Old July 16th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"dejablues" wrote in message:

All that grunting and snorting and gulping means they are sucking in air,
and it has to come out someplace!
If not a belch, than a fart.

Does it have to be so deadly?

She likes to burrow under cover. I like to sleep with the covers pulled
over my head. BAD combination. So, now she sleeps on top of the covers,