advice needed on severely neglected Eskie

Old July 24th 08, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

Default advice needed on severely neglected Eskie

"Jim Manson" wrote in message
I would like to know if anyone has experience in dealing with a dog
like this. I am trying to get an idea of what can be done, or what
cannot be done as the case may be. Any ideas or information would be
appreciated.

jim, I'm going to forward your message to a friend who specializes in
rehabilitating feral dogs into his pets. He's had several that I know of -
some very seriously fearful dogs. I know of a keeshond that took him over a
year to let him pet it. However, I've NEVER heard him describe the kind of
stuff you are describing in the eskie - his dogs were frightened, but not
BLANK. Still, he's got more experience with this kind of thing than I.

Old July 24th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"Beth In Alaska" wrote in message

"Jim Manson" wrote in message
I would like to know if anyone has experience in dealing with a dog
like this. I am trying to get an idea of what can be done, or what
cannot be done as the case may be. Any ideas or information would be
appreciated.

jim, I'm going to forward your message to a friend who specializes in
rehabilitating feral dogs into his pets. He's had several that I know
of - some very seriously fearful dogs. I know of a keeshond that took
him over a year to let him pet it. However, I've NEVER heard him
describe the kind of stuff you are describing in the eskie - his dogs
were frightened, but not BLANK. Still, he's got more experience with this
kind of thing than I.

Unfortunately, I think the OP has "left the building", probably because of
so much petty negativity that started with Melinda, of course. It would
have been interesting and informative to have learned more about the
outcome of this rescue, but I don't think it's going to happen. The
regulars here "Shore" know how to repel a newbie.

Perhaps you can reach him by email. And it's good of you to take action to
help.

Paul and Muttley

Old July 24th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Paul E. Schoen wrote:
Unfortunately, I think the OP has "left the building", probably because of
so much petty negativity that started with Melinda, of course.

No, the petty negativity started with you, of course. If
you didn't care more about attracting attention than about
being correct or giving out useful advice, there wouldn't be
an issue. Indeed, I think the only other person I've seen
who comes close to your disregard for whether or not what he
spews is true is "Jack."

Old July 24th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message

No, the petty negativity started with you, of course.

Now, now, we all know that Paul is brimful of the milk of human
kindness.

--
Shelly

Old July 25th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jim Manson

Unfortunately, I think the OP has "left the building", probably because of
so much petty negativity that started with Melinda, of course. It would
have been interesting and informative to have learned more about the
outcome of this rescue, but I don't think it's going to happen. The
regulars here "Shore" know how to repel a newbie.

Perhaps you can reach him by email. And it's good of you to take action to
help.

Still here. I am trying to follow this while on vacation on my laptop
without using my normal newsreader, Agent. Using Google is not normal
for me so I'm more listening then saying much ( not to mention I hate
trying to type on a laptop ). I'll be more involved once I get home on
the 1st. I really appreciate all the advice and postings. The Eskie is
about 15 pounds, I believe someone asked the size.

-Jim
Old July 26th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.labrador,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jim Manson

On Jul 25, 5:58*pm,
"Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Rese arch_Laboratory"
Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Rese
wrote:
HOWEDY jim,

"Jim Manson" wrote in message

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in message
.. .
Unfortunately, I think the OP has "left the building",

As well you shoulda, jim. I GAVE YOU ALL the INFORMATION
you needed yet you didn't bother to say "THANK YOU

Sorry, Thank you.

Once I decipher your posts I'm sure I'll glean all kinds of good
things from them... ;-)

Old July 26th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"Jim Manson" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 5:58 pm,
"Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Rese arch_Laboratory"
Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Rese
wrote:
HOWEDY jim,

"Jim Manson" wrote in message

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in message
.. .
Unfortunately, I think the OP has "left the building",

As well you shoulda, jim. I GAVE YOU ALL the INFORMATION
you needed yet you didn't bother to say "THANK YOU

Sorry, Thank you.

Once I decipher your posts I'm sure I'll glean all kinds of good
things from them... ;-)

You will soon be advised by others that it is best to filter Jerry's posts.
He has some good ideas, and his "manual" is worth reading, and some of his
methods might even work for you and this dog. But I tried them with
Muttley, and I did not get the results he promised, and because he thought
I did not follow his instructions exactly, he resumed his verbal assaults
and insults. I'm surprised he has already started to criticize you for not
bowing at his feet and thanking him profusely for his godlike absolute
advice.

Most of his posts are things he digs up from Google archives in an attempt
to discredit everyone here, since none of his "converts" hang around very
long. I do agree that gentle methods such as his are preferable to the
forceful ones that were taught to me, and I think the best thing is to
develop a strong bond with the dog, and have a lot of patience.

I wish you the best of luck with this dog, if you choose to take on the
project. I'm thankful that I persevered with Muttley, and he has turned out
to be a good buddy and companion.

Paul and Muttley

Old July 27th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.labrador,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

"Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Rese arch_Laboratory"
Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Rese
wrote in message ...
HOWEDY BINACA bethFIST you pathetic miserable
stinkin rotten lyin animal murderin punk thug coward
active acute chronic life long incurable maliganant mental
case and PROFESSIONAL DOG TRAININ FRAUD
an SCAM ARTIST

Jerry, I don't usually read your drivel but i didn't noticed that used the
word professional dog training and me name in the same sentence. I'm
definitely an amateur. Never been anything but.