Free dog/cat food for homeless animals

Old July 24th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
unknownseti

Default Free dog/cat food for homeless animals

On NBC I think last night I saw a web site that some of you might like, I
added it to my home page. All you have to do is visit the site answer the
trivia question for the day and 20 kibble peices will be donated to animal
shelters.

The site is is http://freekibble.com

Old July 24th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Rocky[_2_]

"unknownseti" said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

On NBC I think last night I saw a web site that some of you
might like, I added it to my home page. All you have to do
is visit the site answer the trivia question for the day
and 20 kibble peices will be donated to animal shelters.

The site is is http://anotherspammer.spam

It's unfortunate when a great idea like http://www.freerice.com/
becomes yet another way for a spammer to piggyback on the good
intentions of the truly caring.

Old July 24th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
filly[_4_]

"Rocky" wrote in message

It's unfortunate when a great idea like http://www.freerice.com/
becomes yet another way for a spammer to piggyback on the good
intentions of the truly caring.

Thanks for the link Matt. I enjoy testing my vocabulary and I enjoy the
idea of people not going hungry.
Karla

Old July 24th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Judy

"Rocky" wrote in message
"unknownseti" said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

On NBC I think last night I saw a web site that some of you
might like, I added it to my home page. All you have to do
is visit the site answer the trivia question for the day
and 20 kibble peices will be donated to animal shelters.

The site is is http://anotherspammer.spam

It's unfortunate when a great idea like http://www.freerice.com/
becomes yet another way for a spammer to piggyback on the good
intentions of the truly caring.

Actually, according to NBC News, this thing is legitimate.

Judy

Old July 24th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Rocky[_2_]

"Judy" said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Actually, according to NBC News, this thing is legitimate.

Then the "promoter" is not doing them any favours by multi-
posting to the newsgroups.

Old July 25th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Rocky[_2_]

"Judy" said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Then the "promoter" is not doing them any favours by
multi- posting to the newsgroups.

True dat.

Maybe I'm too cynical. But the poster pushed too many buttons:
multi-posting with an anonymous-looking address and a reference
to a home page. Plus, no past contributions to the groups.

(Hint for future non-spammers-with-a-legitimate-promotion: Don't
do this.)

Old July 25th 08, 12:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Judy

"Rocky" wrote in message
Maybe I'm too cynical. But the poster pushed too many buttons:
multi-posting with an anonymous-looking address and a reference
to a home page. Plus, no past contributions to the groups.

(Hint for future non-spammers-with-a-legitimate-promotion: Don't
do this.)

I went to NBC news and searched it out first. THEN I was willing to go to
the site. So I wasn't completely trusting.

And it is exactly as promoted. Assuming that NBC checked it out.

I think the problem is that honest people don't realize what the dishonest
people do. Sad, huh?

Judy

Old July 25th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Rocky[_2_]

"Judy" said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

I went to NBC news and searched it out first. THEN I was
willing to go to the site. So I wasn't completely
trusting.

Heh, I didn't go to the site until you said that it was OK.
I'm not sure whether that was a good idea, considering your
new reputation as reported by Sparrow. I hope you didn't give
me a virus.

I think the problem is that honest people don't realize
what the dishonest people do.

It goes back to hanging out on a group, just reading for a
while. It doesn't take any particular savvy to see how best
to promote something.

Sad, huh?

Yabbut, these days no one should turn on a computer without a
certain degree of cynicism.

Old July 25th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Judy

"Rocky" wrote in message
I hope you didn't give
me a virus.

I'm coughing and I'm waiting for the report on some bloodwork but I don't
think it's transmittable via the internet.

Judy