Breed Guess, anyone?

Old July 25th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Suja

Default Breed Guess, anyone?

This is my brother's dog, Gatsby. He is 5-6 years old, and weighs about 65
pounds. He actually has long hair, but except for the head and tail, has
been shorn (for summer, allegedly). Nice, soft dog with big, soulful eyes.
Any guesses?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...gs/Gatsby1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...gs/Gatsby2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...gs/Gatsby3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...gs/Gatsby4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...gs/Gatsby5.jpg

I apologize for making it seem like he has no legs, but the boy has a
tendency to go flat on you when he realizes that you have a camera.

Suja

Old July 26th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

On Jul 25, 3:44*pm, "Suja" wrote:
This is my brother's dog, Gatsby. *He is 5-6 years old, and weighs about 65
pounds. *He actually has long hair, but except for the head and tail, has
been shorn (for summer, allegedly). *Nice, soft dog with big, soulful eyes.
Any guesses?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...gs/Gatsby1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...gs/Gatsby2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...gs/Gatsby3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...gs/Gatsby4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...gs/Gatsby5.jpg

I apologize for making it seem like he has no legs, but the boy has a
tendency to go flat on you when he realizes that you have a camera.

Suja

Looks like a lab-shepherd cross to me!
Cindy Yost
Old July 26th 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
filly[_4_]

"Suja" wrote in message
This is my brother's dog, Gatsby. He is 5-6 years old, and weighs about
65
pounds. He actually has long hair, but except for the head and tail, has
been shorn (for summer, allegedly). Nice, soft dog with big, soulful
eyes.
Any guesses?

I wondered about that in your flat dogs thread. I like the way he looks and
I would guess he's heavily influenced by the FCR.
Karla

Old July 27th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Dale Atkin

"Suja" wrote in message
This is my brother's dog, Gatsby. He is 5-6 years old, and weighs about
65
pounds. He actually has long hair, but except for the head and tail, has
been shorn (for summer, allegedly). Nice, soft dog with big, soulful
eyes.
Any guesses?

Suja

Lab x collie is my guess.

I was going to suggest http://www.canineheritage.com/ if you really cared,
but it looks like they've majorly upped their prices (now over $120, used to
be $65 IIRC).

Dale

Old July 28th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
ceb[_2_]

"Suja" wrote in
:

This is my brother's dog, Gatsby. He is 5-6 years old, and weighs
about 65 pounds. He actually has long hair, but except for the head
and tail, has been shorn (for summer, allegedly). Nice, soft dog with
big, soulful eyes. Any guesses?

What you've got there is a Queener:

http://ourladyofperfection.blogspot....l-queenie.html

--
Catherine
& Zoe, Queenie, & Max, 3 black dogs of varying sizes
Old July 28th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Suja" wrote:

He is 5-6 years old, and weighs about 65
pounds. He actually has long hair, but except for the head and tail, has
been shorn (for summer, allegedly). Nice, soft dog with big, soulful eyes.
Any guesses?

He's cute. I'm thinking some herding breed and lab mixture. He's got
those flying nun ears that lab mixes tend to get.

--
Janet Boss
Old July 29th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Suja

"ceb" wrote in message:

What you've got there is a Queener:

http://ourladyofperfection.blogspot....l-queenie.html

There certainly are similarities. I don't think he's as lithe as her,
however. Interesting that one of her parents is a GR; Gatsby is supposed to
be a GR/Chow mix.

Suja

Old July 29th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Suja

"Janet Boss" wrote in message:

He's cute. I'm thinking some herding breed and lab mixture. He's got
those flying nun ears that lab mixes tend to get.

Love those flying nun ears. They bob up and down when he walks, and stick
straight up when he sleeps. It's really quite adorable.

I don't know why, but we've never considered a Lab mix as a possibility.
Maybe because he's not really as effusive and enthusiastic as your average
Lab is.

Suja

Old July 29th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
ceb[_2_]

"Suja" wrote in news:6f8p23Fa6bj9U1
@mid.individual.net:

Gatsby is supposed to
be a GR/Chow mix.

That makes sense to me, given what we could see of him and also his
recent haircut. What does his tail do? Queenie's sweeps low, but Zoe
(cockerchow) has a tail that stands up and waves like a flag, although it
doesn't curl over her back.

Guess the Breed Lynne Dog behavior 53 January 22nd 07 09:29 PM
Guess the Breed Tara Dog breeds 15 December 31st 06 01:27 AM
Guess the breed(s), yet again Suja Dog breeds 10 November 25th 05 08:48 PM
Guess this breed! Natalie Rigertas Dog breeds 4 September 15th 05 05:55 AM
guess the breed culprit Dog breeds 27 December 2nd 03 08:17 AM