Baths are Hard Work

Old July 26th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Baths are Hard Work

Harriet was overdue for a bath, and since she's got an appointment
for her yearly check-up next week, today was bath day. And while I
was at it, I gave her her more-or-less weekly mani-pedi.

The aftermath:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/2704469736
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/2703645999

Alas, I didn't get any photos of the obligatory post-bath butt-tuck
zippy-zoomies. I was too busy watching and laughing.

--
Shelly
Old July 26th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

elegy wrote in
:

*ded*

I should probably look around for Luce's club, huh?

i love the post-bath zoomies! luce gets them hard core.

I just hope that the dogs enjoy them as much as we do. They sure
*seem* to be acting out of mad, uncontrollable joy.

--
Shelly
Old July 26th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Shelly wrote:
Harriet was overdue for a bath, and since she's got an appointment
for her yearly check-up next week, today was bath day. And while I
was at it, I gave her her more-or-less weekly mani-pedi.

The aftermath:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/2704469736
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/2703645999

Ms. Brown is Most Unhappy with you.

Alas, I didn't get any photos of the obligatory post-bath butt-tuck
zippy-zoomies. I was too busy watching and laughing.

Could it be the same Ms. Brown?

FurPaw

--
The plural of anecdote is not proof.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old July 26th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

FurPaw wrote in
:

Ms. Brown is Most Unhappy with you.

And she's watching my every move, too!

Could it be the same Ms. Brown?

She's got abotu a million and one different personalities. One thing
I love about her is that she can be Miss Crankypants one minute and
Miss Bouncyboingyhappypants the next. She's a dog of many moods,
99.9% of which are entertaining.

--
Shelly

Old July 26th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

In article ,
Shelly wrote:

elegy wrote in
:

*ded*

I should probably look around for Luce's club, huh?

Protect your kneecaps, fer shure!
--
Kevin Michael Vail* * | I would rather have a mind opened by wonder
* * * | than one closed by belief. * -- Gerry Spence
Old July 26th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Kevin Michael Vail wrote in news:kevin-
:

I should probably look around for Luce's club, huh?

Protect your kneecaps, fer shure!

Oh noes! Maybe that's how I injured my knee in the first place?

--
Shelly
Old July 26th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"filly" wrote in news:6f19ndF9emorU1
@mid.individual.net:

Scorching!

Pretty impressive actress, isn't she? The thing is, she got lots of
peanut butter, so I don't think she actually minded the bath or the
nail trim one little bit. She's just just can't help being a little
melodramatic.

--
Shelly
Old July 27th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_4_]

"Shelly" wrote in message
6...
"filly" wrote in news:6f19ndF9emorU1
@mid.individual.net:

Scorching!

Pretty impressive actress, isn't she? The thing is, she got lots of
peanut butter, so I don't think she actually minded the bath or the
nail trim one little bit. She's just just can't help being a little
melodramatic.

Miss Harriet Tallulah Brown

Old July 28th 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Shelly" wrote in message:

I should probably look around for Luce's club, huh?

Well, she *does* appear to be plotting something.

I just hope that the dogs enjoy them as much as we do. They sure
*seem* to be acting out of mad, uncontrollable joy.

Or relief that they didn't melt away?

Khan hasn't gotten post-bath zoomies in a long, long time. He just trots
around shaking himself (ICK! Water! And I worked so hard to get all stinky)
and rubbing his face on his towel. Pan gets zoomies. She runs up and down
hallways. She runs up and down stairs. She'll jump on top of the bed and
hop off, and jump over any furniture that stands in her way. She makes
dragon noises. Yeah, getting out of the bath alive seems to make her quite
pleased with herself.

Suja