And you thought Muttley was fat!

Old July 29th 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie

Default And you thought Muttley was fat!

I saw an amazingly fat dog on LOLDOGS. I didn't know a dog could get this
fat... it's a shame. One commenter said it could be renal failure, which I
know nothing about. He sure looks like just a fat dog, though.

http://ihasahotdog.com/page/5/
--
Phyrie
Kiba the Cav's Pics:

Old July 29th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Phyrie" wrote in message:

I saw an amazingly fat dog on LOLDOGS. I didn't know a dog could get this
fat... it's a shame. One commenter said it could be renal failure, which

know nothing about. He sure looks like just a fat dog, though.

Along similar lines:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...pound_cat.html

Suja

Old July 29th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"Suja" wrote in message

"Phyrie" wrote in message:

I saw an amazingly fat dog on LOLDOGS. I didn't know a dog could get
this
fat... it's a shame. One commenter said it could be renal failure,
which

know nothing about. He sure looks like just a fat dog, though.

Along similar lines:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...pound_cat.html

Here are some books about fat dogs and cats:
http://www.myfatdogbook.com/nutrition/index.html

Renal failure is more likely caused by obesity, although a uremic dog might
retain excess water.
http://www.waglife.com/a-healthy-wag...idney-failure/

Here is a more scholarly account of chronic renal failure, which indicates
that dogs are likely to be underweight, anemic, or even anorexic. Treatment
involves unlimited access to water, lowered protein, and higher fat content
in food.
http://courses.vetmed.wsu.edu/vm552/urogenital/crf.htm

Here's Janet's success story with a fat Golden she rescued:

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...ady1001/nikki/

I commend her for her loving care and great results.

BTW, the link is in a thread that is in the public Google archives, if want
to read more about this heartwarming story and all the kind things that
were said:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...a?dmode=source

and the first mention of the dog that I know of is in the thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...1?dmode=source

and continued he
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...9?dmode=source

Paul and Muttley

Old August 2nd 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mark Shaw

Phyrie wrote:
I saw an amazingly fat dog on LOLDOGS. I didn't know a dog could get this
fat... it's a shame. One commenter said it could be renal failure, which I
know nothing about. He sure looks like just a fat dog, though.

http://ihasahotdog.com/page/5/

There's (currently) no fat dog at that link. Did you mean this
one?

http://ihasahotdog.com/2008/07/22/fu...-many-hotdogz/

That really is one fat dog....

--
Mark Shaw (And Baron) moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
Old August 2nd 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie

"Mark Shaw" wrote in message
There's (currently) no fat dog at that link. Did you mean this
one?

http://ihasahotdog.com/2008/07/22/fu...-many-hotdogz/

That really is one fat dog....

--
Mark Shaw (And Baron)

Yeah, that's the one. I didn't think about them adding content every day,
so the link changed. Thanks.

Old August 2nd 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Mark Shaw wrote:

Phyrie wrote:

I saw an amazingly fat dog on LOLDOGS. I didn't know a dog could get this
fat... it's a shame. One commenter said it could be renal failure, which I
know nothing about. He sure looks like just a fat dog, though.

http://ihasahotdog.com/page/5/

There's (currently) no fat dog at that link. Did you mean this
one?

http://ihasahotdog.com/2008/07/22/fu...-many-hotdogz/

That really is one fat dog....

That's not a dog, that's a freakin' walrus.

That owner ought to be brought up on charges.