Dumb and Dumber

Old August 5th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Default Dumb and Dumber

In article ,
"Suja" wrote:

I am going to wish him a lot of dumb luck, 'cause that's the only way those
poor cats, chicken, ducks etc. are going to make it.

Stranger things have happened, but it's often not pretty.

--
Janet Boss
Old August 5th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

So, this friend of mine has an idiot boss. Makes decisions that makes one
question his sanity ALL the damn time. He is married to someone that makes
him look like the sane, sensible one. IMO, they have both inhaled one too
many times, and it has irreparably damaged their brain cells. They
currently have a son who is almost a year old, and are expecting another in
December.

In the past few months, he lost two Llamas to something. He doesn't know
what. So he went out and got two more and put them in the same enclosure
where the other two died. He lost all his chicken to the fox, so he went
out and got some more (he couldn't get them himself, legally, so he had them
sent to his dad and dad smuggled them in). Yesterday, the fox was back.
And got more of his chicken. He aims to protect his chicken through the use
of a golf club (NOT kidding). He lost all his ducks to the fox. So far, he
hasn't replaced them, but I'm sure he will at some point.

Through some miracle, he actually had a dog that lived to an old age and
died of natural causes, and currently have a couple of cats (supposedly
outdoor, but there is evidence they come in the house also) that have also
managed to stay alive.

On Thursday, he's bringing home a 3 1/2 year old Lab mix that he found on
Craigslist. The dog is allegedly good with kids and adults. No known
problems with other dogs. Complete unknown with cats, chicken, ducks, ....

Old August 5th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Suja" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

He lost all his chicken to the
fox, so he went out and got some more (he couldn't get them

himself,
legally, so he had them sent to his dad and dad smuggled them

in).

Why couldn't he have chickens sent to himself? Is he on a ban list
somewhere?

Yesterday, the fox was back. And got more of his chicken. He

aims to
protect his chicken through the use of a golf club (NOT kidding)

So he's going to sit in the chicken house and wait for the fox to
show up?

It actually works, as I waited for my fox to show up, and got it.
No more raids on my ducks.

Old August 5th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
(he couldn't get them himself, legally, so he had them
sent to his dad and dad smuggled them in).

??? Why not?

Old August 5th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"diddy" none wrote in message:

Why couldn't he have chickens sent to himself? Is he on a ban list
somewhere?

I don't remember the details. Something about how he wanted a particular
kind of chicken from a particular source, and Virginia doesn't allow
shipping chicken across state lines or something (Maybe this:
http://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/animal...clamation.pdf). So he had it
sent to his dad in Maryland, who then drove the chicken down

So he's going to sit in the chicken house and wait for the fox to
show up?

Hah! Hell, no. He's planning on brandishing his golf clubs from his front
porch. Maybe hitting a few golf balls at the fox.

It actually works, as I waited for my fox to show up, and got it.
No more raids on my ducks.

Diddy, I very seriously suspect that you and this guy have not a damn thing
in common. That's a really, really good thing, BTW.

Suja

Old August 6th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
"Suja" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

He lost all his chicken to the
fox, so he went out and got some more (he couldn't get them

himself,
legally, so he had them sent to his dad and dad smuggled them

in).

Why couldn't he have chickens sent to himself? Is he on a ban list
somewhere?

Yesterday, the fox was back. And got more of his chicken. He

aims to
protect his chicken through the use of a golf club (NOT kidding)

So he's going to sit in the chicken house and wait for the fox to
show up?

It actually works, as I waited for my fox to show up, and got it.
No more raids on my ducks.

Yeah but, you didn't use a golf club. ;-)

td

Old August 6th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"tiny dancer" spoke these words of wisdom
in :

Yeah but, you didn't use a golf club. ;-)

td

If I could have gotten that fox with a gold club, I'd be on a PGA tour right
now.
I was pretty proud of myself for getting the fox with my rifle.