Zane, Zane, drivin' me insane

Old August 12th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Default Zane, Zane, drivin' me insane

So, heading to flyball practice last Sunday we had a full load in the
van. In addition to me, my son and daughter and our three dogs, we also
had the 6th grader my daughter gives horseback riding lessons to and her
two Aussies (her family fosters aussie rescue), and my son's best
friend. 5 humans, 5 dogs whipping each other into a fever pitch of
excitement, crates, chairs, the box, two buckets of balls and a cooler.
Usually I get out to sign us in and my son runs down, opens the gate,
shuts it behind us then rides standing on the bumper hanging on to the
back of the van for the final couple hundred yards to our practice
field. This time, though, I told him I'd get the gate because I didn't
want to risk opening the side bay door for fear the dogs would come
storming out.
So I'm standing there signing us in and Zane comes cannonballing out
the driver's side window and jumps the gate, hauling ass for the pond.
I got him to come back, but he obviously was weighing the consequences
of ignoring me.
I grabbed him by his harness, stuffed him in the driver's side door and
rolled the window back up. I yelled at my son, asking him why the heck
he'd opened the window. He denied it. My kids have an ironclad policy
- "maintain a united front and admit nothing", and since my personal
ethics prohibit waterboarding, it frequently works. Then he said that
*I* must have done it myself, which was ridiculous.
So I open the gate, yell at Zane to get out of my seat and get in back,
pull through the gate, get back out to shut the gate and as I'm latching
it, I look up to see the driver's side window rolling down. Zane's back
in the front seat and HE'S GOT HIS FOOT ON THE WINDOW CONTROL.
Slam the gate, run towards the van, he hops into the back as I reach
the door. Roll the window back up. Pull up to the practice field,
leave engine running for the A/c and open the gate. This time I *heard*
the window coming down. I turned around in time to see Zane bailing out
of my seat into the back of the van.
Mr. Smarty Pants has a new trick.

Old August 12th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"Kathleen" wrote in message
[...]

LOL, great story. I can almost picture it.

td

Old August 12th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kat

"Kathleen" wrote in message
[...]

lol Shadow does that too. The child window locks are an amazing invention!
He hasn't figured out yet that he could probably step on that too and unlock
the window controls

Kathy

Old August 12th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

"Kathleen" wrote in message

HE'S GOT HIS FOOT ON THE WINDOW CONTROL.

People THINK they want smart dogs. Hah.

Old August 13th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

montana wildhack wrote:
"Kathleen" wrote in message

HE'S GOT HIS FOOT ON THE WINDOW CONTROL.

People THINK they want smart dogs. Hah.

Yup. Be careful what you wish for.

Old August 14th 08, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

"Kathleen" wrote in message
[...]

LOL
And Mommy eats a little tiny crow!!